Line coding on Transport Requests map?

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
dennismckim
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Line coding on Transport Requests map?

Post by dennismckim » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 pm

For the Transport Requests map (http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/phpbb_rescues.kml), what is the significance of the line shading/color? Some have (to my view) light blue lines, some have medium blue, and some have dark blue. Today, for the first time, I see one in red. I first thought it might be related to the age of the request but that doesn't seem to be true. It is a marvelous resource (albeit computer processor intensive) but I'd like to understand it better.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Line coding on Transport Requests map?

Post by admin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:47 am

From our pilot/webmaster:

Any lines that show up as red are purely accidental. There are three shades of blue. Dark blue are new requests – under two days old. Between 2 and 7 days are medium blue, Over 7 days are light blue.

The rescue flight needed map is the only full map that loads quickly and that is because we keep the forum monitored and after 30 days, if a request is not active it is deleted. The other maps have far exceeded google's capabilities, volume wise, which is why for each transport request it is best to choose the mapping options and click on the link that best relates to what you are looking for, pilot, rescue volunteer, proximity to transport line, etc.

The transport request map on the homepage is a great tool for pilots to search quickly for flights that might be along their line!