*DONE* From Chipley, FL to Stuart, FL (KSUA)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
AnimalRescue32

*DONE* From Chipley, FL to Stuart, FL (KSUA)

Post by AnimalRescue32 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Our rescue organization has agreed to take two labs and possibly another smaller dog from a county shelter in Chipley, FL. It is a 7 hr drive for us which is not feasible for our volunteers and we have been unable to arrange additional ground assistance. The dogs need to be transported from Chipley, FL (not sure of closest airport) to KSUA (Stuart, FL).
We will not commit to dogs until transport can be arranged, but these dogs are on borrowed time, so please let me know asap if you can assist with transport.

Thanks!
Chelsey
Dogs & Cats Forever, Inc.
No- Kill Animal Shelter
[email protected] [map:32428-34994]4524[/map]
Last edited by AnimalRescue32 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: From Chipley, FL to Stuart, FL (KSUA)

Post by skyking » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:08 pm

I could transport these pups next week if the weather will cooperate. What is the size and weight of these pups and will you be providing crates? I will be flying into KMAI (Marianna, FL).

Jeff
[email protected]
305-797-6356

AnimalRescue32

Post by AnimalRescue32 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Wonderful! I will see if I can get someone to pull them for me and hold until you are able to fly. The two labs are around 55-60lbs, still not sure if we can take the little one yet. The dogs are at a high kill shelter so unfortunately I do not have crates to send with them. Is this a problem?
Once I find someone to pull and hold I will let you know.

AnimalRescue32

Post by AnimalRescue32 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Jeff,

I was able to speak to the director at the shelter today. She can hold the dogs for us and I have found someone willing to transport them to the Marianna, FL airport for pick-up on Wednesday of next week. Is it still possible for you to transport? Thanks.

AnimalRescue32

Post by AnimalRescue32 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:00 pm

As of today I have a confirmed pilot for this flight. Thank-you Mongosmom & Nancy!!!

skyking

Post by skyking » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:47 am

I have two crates that should work or can both of these guys go in the same crate? I have an x-Large crate that I use for my 100# Lab and was wondering if these two would fit comfortably I also have one for the little one if he becomes available, please let me know.

Jeff

skyking

Post by skyking » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 am

As I understand things, I will have one Large Lab and two? small dogs. I am looking at Wednesday for this transport.

Jeff

nancy

Post by nancy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 am

DONE! Seven dogs picked up and successfully delivered to new homes by Shawn, Jeff, Ellen, and Nancy :D