List FBO's you have worked with please

This forum is for anyone to list an FBO they have worked with who are pet friendly to animal transport personnel and who have generously offered fuel discounts. If you have had a positive experience with a particular FBO, please give them "high fives" and list them here!

Re: List FBO's you have worked with please

Postby grodolph on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:05 pm

There is lots of good information here, but it can be hard to find an airport in a specific area. Is there any way we could organize this board into states or regions, and have people post their info there?

Grant
ASEL, AMEL, Instrument Rating
2000 Piper Arrow - N314PW
Based at Addison, TX (KADS)
grodolph

Postby admin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Good question Grant and thank you for volunteering too! The problem is the people join this forum at different dates and all the postings are set up by the phpBB software in that manner. Someone would need to manually come to this forum, search through every post and then list the FBO's by area. The search feature may help narrow it down some if the correct words are used, i.e. Aero Premier, etc.....

Happy to have a volunteer making the listing and we can post it, anyone??

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cricket on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:37 pm

We just completed a rescue from Pompano Air Park, FL., to Whitted (SPG) St. Petersburg Fl.
The FBO was outstanding and helped assist with our rescue in every way possible. They even gave us a V.I.P. jet fuel discount which was certainly appreciated. Thank you Mike, for making it a wonderful day for all involved!
Cricket

Olean NY KOLE

Postby carlsonbe on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:27 am

Cattaraugus County-Olean (KOLE) in New York state --

This is a wonderful FBO with staff who really support rescues and PNP. They sent me advice ahead of time about parking and promised to let the shelter's car out on the tarmac to pick up the dogs. On my arrival the staff came out and directed us in to the ramp, helped with fuel filling and generally welcomed the dogs. They have food and drink inside the FBO and were as helpful as can be. A great place for Pilots and Paws!
Brian
N97RJ
Brian Carlson
Cirrus N97RJ at KJYO
Mobile: 703-629-0381
carlsonbe

Postby robellom on Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm

:D I can understand what you are saying. I was in Afghanistan the time I enrolled. I am now back in the states and I have also found a great site for my phone. The app is AavGasNow It is like GasBuddy for aircraft.. (iphone) I love it.. For all those able to fly and take these animals to a better place.. Thank you.. I look forward to starting to do this soon..

tlvr2000 wrote:I work and fly out of a pet friendly FBO :plane: at KPGD in Punta Gorda, Fl. and would love to see more pets. The best way to explain a discount it to tell how much they took off per gal. Not to quote prices. Prices change daily. That can be checked at http://www.airnav.com I know PGD updates anytime there is any change of fuel price.
robellom

Postby TIROS on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:51 pm

The following airports have been vet helpful for rescue flights:
1. KCDF [Caldwell/Essex NJ]- Must ask but we were treated well
a. no ramp fees
b. fuel discount
c. Line people even offered to put in your oil.

2. KTDF [Person County/Roxboro, NC]
a. No fees
b. Fuel Discount
c. Line people very helpful, even loan ladders to pilot to check fuel [My Cessna 172 XP does not have steps]

3. KBKW [Beckley, WV]
a. No fees
b. Fuel Discount
c. Line people very helpful

John
N736UP
TIROS

Previous

Return to FBO's who are Pet Friendly, Fuel Discounts