Done!! bless you folks!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Please look! last leg(s) needed for Chandler! Wichita to Den

Post by sowens333 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:19 pm

If I had to pick Wichita or Salina, I'd prefer Salina. So it looks like 84T can fly anyday of the week, I'm usually good for Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Hoss, are you only available on the weekends? Will Chandler be traveling with his own crate? You can email me directly at [email protected], so we can figure out all the details!

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Hoss and David, does this Wednesday work for you guys for the flight? If not is there anyone in Salina, KS that would be able to foster for a few days?

flyhy
Zip Code: 80403
Airport identifier: KBJC

Post by flyhy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:40 pm

I could fly either day, but the forecast for Salt Lake doesn't look too good for Wed. Sunday looks much better. Possible that I could fly the Kansas to Denver leg on Wednesday if the weekend isn't going to work for any of the other pilots.

Dave W

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Dave, so far Karen and Sarah are both good for Wednesday, neither one of us can do Saturday. So we can get the dog as far as Salina on Wednesday. So we either need to find a temporary foster in Salina for a few days, or if you wanted to do Salina to Denver area, we'd need a foster for a few days in Denver. Are you wanting to do both legs from Salina to Denver and then when the weather's better to Salt Lake, or just one or the other?

flyhy
Zip Code: 80403
Airport identifier: KBJC

Post by flyhy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:52 pm

I need to know what time Chandler would be getting to Salina on Wednesday. If it is early enough, I could get him to Denver. But I don't have an airplane again until Sunday, so I would have to do the Salt Lake portion then. Weather permitting I can do both, and it is also possible that Hoss might want to pick up the Salt Lake part on the weekend.

Dave W

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 am

Hi Dave, I'm not sure yet what time Chandler would get to Kansas City, once I know that I can give you a good ETA for SLN. I should know more today. We have a temporary foster volunteer in the ICT area, so we may change airports to the ICT vicinity instead of SLN if that's okay. This person has volunteered to keep Chandler from Wednesday until the weekend. How does the forecast look for you guys to go from KS, to DEN then SLC this weekend? If you don't mind posting your emails or email me directly at [email protected], so we can get the details straightened out. Thanks!

84Tango

Post by 84Tango » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi Dave and Sarah

I should be landing at Olathe by 2:00 pm at the latest. Hopefully sooner. I don't know how busy Paducah is since it is a towered airport. I will update you as soon as I know more from the folks who are to bring Chandler to Paducah for pick up. I will be using my own kennel for Chandler so I will have a kennel for the other dog I'll be picking up in Kirksville, MO after dropping off Chandler in Olathe.

Karen

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi Dave, from KC, SLN is a little over an hour for me. So if the ETA at OJC is 2:00, I could be in SLN by 3:30 at the absolute latest. Also, currently I have a foster home in the ICT area, with a tenative one perhaps in SLN. I'm waiting to hear back, I'd rather fly to SLN if we can get a foster set up there.

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Okay, so far this is the plan, just need to hear from Hoss and make sure he is okay with it. This Wednesday, April 1st, Chandler is going from KY to OJC with Karen, and then I am taking him to either SLN or ICT area, depending on where he's being fostered.

Hoss can you still pick Chandler up on Saturday or Sunday? Dave is planning on flying him from the Denver area to SLC on Sunday. Chandler can stay overnight with Dave on Saturday, if you wanted to do your flight on Saturday. Hoss, send me an email ([email protected]), and I'll give you the foster information, so you'll know who to call about picking Chandler up. Thanks!

nickle

Post by nickle » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi Everyone, I don;t have everyone's email so wasn't sure if this would be the best way to reach everyone. Chandler wt at vet was 54 lbs.I would have figured him for 40's but they said 54 so we have to go with that. He is built like a hound breed. He is approx 22" at shoulder. He rides well in a car but who knows about a plane....I wanted to let everyone know his size in case we need to do some arranging. I was talking with Tamarra who has been helping yet again to get a dog where it needs to be along with all of you and lost her on her cell as she was telling me the latest. hope you can bear with us. We are new to this and trying hard! Any suggestions that would ake it easier for you all would be most appreciated. God bless you all for doing this. ....Shari