Deaf Border Collie needs flight to Casper, WY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Carmen Ott

Deaf Border Collie needs flight to Casper, WY

Post by Carmen Ott » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Best Friends of Baker, Inc. in Baker City, Oregon (eastern Oregon) has a 5 year old, 40 pound deaf Border Collie who needs to get to Casper, Wyoming. He is a wonderful, friendly dog who lies down and immediately goes to sleep when traveling in a car and I would guess he would do the same in an airplane. He will be going to Wyoming Border Collie Rescue with the help of a Deaf Dog Rescue program.

Baker City does have an airport which is in excellent condition for flying in and out. I would also be willing to transport him to Boise, Idaho or Pendleton, Oregon if necessary to find him a flight to Casper in the near future. I look forward to hearing from someone and working with them to get this great little guy to his new home.

Thank you so very much.

Carmen Ott
Best Friends of Baker, Inc.
Baker City, Oregon 97814

[map:97814-82601]4821[/map]

Mrbusybody
Zip Code: 83404
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KIDA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Deaf Border Collie needs flight to Casper, WY

Post by Mrbusybody » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:19 pm

I could do a west to east or east to west leg next weekend, weather permitting. I am based in Idaho Falls, and could go as far west as Ontario, OR, or as far east as Casper, WY. Are the golf courses open in Casper?

glacier

Post by glacier » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi Carmen, I had some thoughts on this transport and just sent private emails to yourself, Nathan and Rich & Jill Clover. I am in the Sun Valley, Id area and recently rescued "Juno" from the Missouri/Arkansas area. Juno came to me via a long distance trucker and pilots Rich & Jill and Tom Strong. If I can help in any way, please let me know. Lynn [email protected]

glacier

Post by glacier » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi All, Just to update this transport, I've done some networking and this transport is arranged for Tues, April 7. Carmen will drive Scooter to Boise and Evanston, Wyoming pilot, Rich Clover, will pick Scooter up in Boise on Tues am and fly him back to Evanston. Tonya, of the Wyoming Border Collie Rescue Program, will meet Rich at the Evaston Airport early afternoon on Tues. She will then drive Scooter to the Casper area. Carmen, thank you for fostering Scooter this past month+ and getting him to Boise to make this happen. Rich, you are the best and Tonya, thank you for taking this abused boy in and helping him on his journey to finding him a forever home. Lynn in Sun Valley area (glacier)

Stallog

Post by Stallog » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Good luck on today's mission. Let us know how it went.

Scott

richclover

Post by richclover » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Stallog wrote:Good luck on today's mission. Let us know how it went.

Scott
Done deal, Scott, thanks for asking! Thanks to Carmen in Baker City, OR, and Tonya from Casper, WY. And... Lynn in Hailey! More to follow. It was a GOOD day to fly :)