COMPLETED: Portsmouth, OH to Phoenix, AZ:

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
KatrinaMay
Zip Code: 95695
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

COMPLETED: Portsmouth, OH to Phoenix, AZ:

Post by KatrinaMay » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:36 pm

I realize this will take more than one pilot and probably a few legs via car. But if I can get help letting me know how to go about that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Frisby is currently in Portsmouth, OH. That is near Columbus, OH. Not sure what other airports are in that area or on the way to Phoenix. Frisby is deaf, does well in a crate, and is learning to leash walk. He also does well in cars. He is about 2 years old and to be neutered tomorrow. He is going from a rescue to a rescue, where he has a foster set up for him.

He will be ready to fly and drive anytime after this weekend. Katrina

My email address is [email protected]
Thanks in advance for any help.

[map:45662-85001]5606[/map]
Last edited by KatrinaMay on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rylan01

Re: Portsmouth, OH to Phoenix, AZ: Deaf Border Collie

Post by rylan01 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:48 am

Hello Katrina,

Thank you for joining PilotsNPaws! This is basically a forum for animal rescues and pilots (both commercial and general aviation) as well as other volunteers to communicate in order to coordinate the transport of animals in need of a new location.

The transport request you have posted is quite a long distance and as such it may best served by the use of the commercial airlines. Please read our article from our home page (http://pilotsnpaws.org/ ) , titled “Commercial Aviation Assistance.” It will give you information on how commercial airline transports operate and how to get started on arrangements.

Next, please check our Board Index (Pilots Volunteering Transport, Animal Transport Board) and go to “Commercial Aviation Personnel Transport Offers.” In there, you may a commercial airline employee who has volunteered to travel with animals. Just contact them via the Post/Reply link.

Lastly, please let me know if I can help with arrangements with the commercial airline transport. I have carried many animals over the years….all successfully reaching their destination.

In particular to your situation, try contacting US Air/America West. Their website should have information regarding shippping animals as cargo. Again, please contact me via email if you need help or have questions. [email protected]

Thank you,

Sarah Murphy Case
Northwest/Delta Airlines Pilot

staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Post by staylor4 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:15 am

I am a pilot in Kansas city, Missouri and available to assist in the transport of the collie a couple hundred miles either way
Sam Taylor

KatrinaMay

Post by KatrinaMay » Fri May 01, 2009 12:07 am

Thank you, Sarah. Flying commercial is one of our options for Frisby, and is being discussed.

USAirways does not fly animals in cargo because they are based in Phoenix. The only option is Continental. They and Alaska are the only two airlines that fly animals in cargo year round because they have climate controlled vehicles to transport them from the cargo shed to the plane.

However, I don't have any "connections" in the airlines, so I don't know if that would change the picture any. I have set up commercial flights for about 8 dogs or so in the last year and half. LOL It is fun and challenging when one is working with a large dog, and the airport is a medium to small one.

KatrinaMay

Post by KatrinaMay » Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks, Sam. I will definately keep your information in mind as we put this together.
Katrina

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC

Post by sowens333 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:22 am

Hi Katrina, I also live in the Kansas City area and would be willing to fly about 150 miles from Kansas City. I could try to meet up with Sam in KC, so combined we could get a good portion of the midwest flights done. I also have a foster contact in the Salina, KS area. I know that there are a lot of Denver pilots on here who are willing to go to Salina, so that may help to get Frisby farther West.

KatrinaMay

Post by KatrinaMay » Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Thank you, but at this moment, I am waiting on the foster mom and the AZ rescue to get hold of me. There is a potential private flight from Toledo,OH to Phoenix, AZ. Only reason that it is not confirmed at this moment is because I am waiting on approval from those two. <grin>

I will however, keep y'all in mind in case something changes.

Thanks to you all for your offers of help, and I will keep in touch.
Katrina

KatrinaMay

Re: THANK YOU, VINCE: Portsmouth, OH to Phoenix, AZ: Deaf BC

Post by KatrinaMay » Fri May 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Frisby has a ride from Toledo, OH to Phoenix, AZ on May 30.

Thank you, Vince. We are sooooo excited. Kim is taking Frisby to the local private airport where a friend of hers has a small plane. He will be going to the airport to get used to the vibrations and activity. :D

Thank you, ALL. Frisby will thank you too.

Katrina

sd177flyer

Re: COMPLETED: Portsmouth, OH to Phoenix, AZ:

Post by sd177flyer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:17 am

DONE DEAL... Frisby was quite a good pooch on his ride from Toledo, OH to Scottsdale, AZ. 12 hours of flight time and we stopped twice. (Kansas City and Santa Fe) He did well and was on his way 10 minutes after we landed. Good luck Frisby! VK

admin
Site Admin

Re: COMPLETED: Portsmouth, OH to Phoenix, AZ:

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:00 pm

sd177flyer wrote:DONE DEAL... Frisby was quite a good pooch on his ride from Toledo, OH to Scottsdale, AZ. 12 hours of flight time and we stopped twice. (Kansas City and Santa Fe) He did well and was on his way 10 minutes after we landed. Good luck Frisby! VK
Congrats to everyone for working so hard together for Frisby! Photos and story please to [email protected] fo rhte website!

Thanks!

Debi