DONE: 3 pups from Atlanta to NH

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Annie's Place

DONE: 3 pups from Atlanta to NH

Post by Annie's Place » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:41 pm

I have 3 pups at a kill shelter in Lumkin Country, GA that need transport badly. They have already lost one of my pups and euthanized one. Please help if at all possible. Need to have them out by the weekend. 2-6 month Golden Retrivers, 1- 4 month old Dashound cross. UTD on shots, Rabies and Health Certificate.
Thank you
Last edited by Annie's Place on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jksimmer
Zip Code: 28075
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 28A
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 3 pups from Atlanta to NH

Post by jksimmer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:25 pm

If we can arrange transport to the CLT area, I can foster until the weather clears and then fly them to the VA, MD area. I'll need to know the weights of the pups and crate sizes if any.

There is a weather front moving in this weekend that's going to limit flying. I'll try to arrange my schedule to accomodate a flight from MCN to CLT before the weekend but I would suggest having a backup plan.

I would also recommend contacting elliotdog to arrange transport from the VA, MD area further north. I don't think he flies to NH but he should at least be able to get them into the PA or NJ area.

Annie's Place

Post by Annie's Place » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:11 pm

I am also working on ground transport but so far everyone is either full or not coming my way. I should know more by tomorrow late afternoon if I can find the ground transport. Thank you for trying to help and will let you know ASAP. I will also keep an eye on the weather.

jksimmer

Post by jksimmer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm trying to arrange getting off work to fly and pick them up Thurs morning. Hopefully, that will be before the weather. I can foster them until next week when the weather is better.

I need to know there weights and crate sizes to determine if my plane can even carry them all at the same time.

Annie's Place

Post by Annie's Place » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:43 pm

I think these may be too big. I just got ages and weights.. Sara - 4 months 20.2 pounds
Cooper -6 months 39 pounds
Dawn 5 months 14.8 pounds
and they added 2 more since they lost 2 Lila 5 months 22 pounds
Chunky 4 months 24.7 pounds

I am still working on ground transport because I realize this may be just too much for one plane. I really appreciate everything you pilots due to save lives.

Thank you, Heather

jksimmer

Post by jksimmer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Weight wise we are just at my limit. I can carry 120lbs with full fuel tanks and a co-pilot. Since it's only two hours to MCN, I can drop a little fuel to make sure we are under the limit. I'd prefer to keep the co-pilot to help with the pups. The next hurdle is can they physically fit with crates or harnesses. I only have two crates. One can handle 15lbs max. The other about 30-40lbs max. I also have a larger dog cage for up to 80lbs but, I don't know if I can fit it in the plane.

Annie's Place

Post by Annie's Place » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:12 pm

I think we have decided to try ground transport becuase the weather is going to be iffy and these pups need to get into their new homes quickly. I thank you very much for your offer. I am planning on pulling from this shelter again at a later time and I would like to be able to get intouch with you then.

Thank you for saving lives,
Heather