Getting Started: Where You Can Look For Information

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
robertam
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 40502
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Getting Started: Where You Can Look For Information

Post by robertam » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:40 am

Sometimes getting started is the hardest part of coordiating a transport. And often the hardest part is not knowing what tools, such as how to find pilots, how to find the airport identifier codes, how to determine the number of nautical miles between airports, how to find "FBOs", etc., are available to help make your job easier. The attached document contains a non-exhaustive list of websites related to requesting and coordinating air transports that Joanne, Suzy, and I compiled. These certainly are not the only available sources and PilotsNPaws doesn't advocate the use of any particular resource, but we hope that if you are looking for ideas about places to begin at, this list will prove to be helpful. Also some of the websites listed can also be found in postings in other forums.

Roberta
Advisor, PilotsNPaws
Lexington, KY
Attachments
1 PnP websites.doc
(31 KiB) Downloaded 721 times
Roberta Harding
PNP Transport Advisor
Kentucky Animal Relief Fund, Inc.
Lexington, KY
e-mail: [email protected]
cell: 859-338-3470

camille

Re: Getting Started: Where You Can Look For Information

Post by camille » Mon May 10, 2010 3:48 pm

there are some small dogs in a high kill shelter in Joplin Mo. I am on long island NY.. any hope for getting some out? thanks camille

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Camille,
Your question is very vague. Do you have someone in MO to pull the dogs for you? You would also need a foster for them until transport is set up & completed. Assuming you have help with those requirements, you would next go to the "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport" section and post your request. For this, you need sending & receiving zip codes and that will create a map to show you who is along the route and may be willing to help. You would also need to arrange an overnight foster as this trip would most likely take 2 days to complete.
Hope this answers your question.

Joanne

BethMcD

Post by BethMcD » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:00 pm

I have a request that has been completed...I cannot find the DONE or CANCEL ICON when I go to EDIT...HELP COMPUTER ILLITERATE...:)

robertam
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 40502

Re: Done and Cancel

Post by robertam » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Beth:

Click on the "Edit" button. When your post appears look in the upper left hand corner. There you will see a green icon with the word "Done" next to it and a red "icon" with the word "Cancel" next to it. Just click on the appropriate circle and then depress the "Submit" button and you will be all done.

Roberta
Roberta Harding
PNP Transport Advisor
Kentucky Animal Relief Fund, Inc.
Lexington, KY
e-mail: [email protected]
cell: 859-338-3470

admin
Site Admin

Re: Done and Cancel

Post by admin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:08 pm

robertam wrote:Beth:

Click on the "Edit" button. When your post appears look in the upper left hand corner. There you will see a green icon with the word "Done" next to it and a red "icon" with the word "Cancel" next to it. Just click on the appropriate circle and then depress the "Submit" button and you will be all done.

Roberta
Beth, to follow up on what Roberta shared, you must open your original request post, not a reply to that post, and then you will see the "edit" button on the upper RIGHT top section , not the left :-) Once the edit opens, you will see and Topic Option above the message area that gives you a choice of DONE or CANCEL. Mark the circle next to DONE. Then scroll down below your message and click on the submit button. One of our very helpful volunteers will then move your post off the current board over to the DONE forum.

Thanks!
Debi

krussell1984

Post by krussell1984 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:38 am

Hello, I am looking to set up a transport for a boxer puppy 7 weeks old from, casa grande AZ which i was informed is close to phoenix. one of the following airports that I can travel to: Plattsburgh International in NY, Albany NY or Burlington VT.
How do I go about setting this up and what would the cost be and any other information I would need. Your company has come highly recommended from my vet due to the love and care you give the animals which results in less stress. on that animal. Any help you could give would be great. Thank you

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:56 am

krussell1984 wrote:Hello, I am looking to set up a transport for a boxer puppy 7 weeks old from, casa grande AZ which i was informed is close to phoenix. one of the following airports that I can travel to: Plattsburgh International in NY, Albany NY or Burlington VT.
How do I go about setting this up and what would the cost be and any other information I would need. Your company has come highly recommended from my vet due to the love and care you give the animals which results in less stress. on that animal. Any help you could give would be great. Thank you
Unfortunately the distance between AZ and NY is too far for our small plane pilot volunteers to assist you. Most of our pilots fly single-engine planes, and are therefore limited to 250 nautical miles (200 ground miles).

ShelleyMarshall

Post by ShelleyMarshall » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi - I just posted a transport request that I know is too long for one pilot to fly. I want to post legs but have no clue how to tell how far in nautical miles trips would be. I tried using your mapping options but it only shows me distance from begin to end and not to the various stops throughout. I need to get a dog from Macon GA to Eugene Oregon. Any advice or direct me to a spot on this site where I can read about it? Thank you so much! This is my first time on this site!

madeline mueller

Post by madeline mueller » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 am

I need to post a request for a flight and think I entered something wrong because my name and miles are on the pilot information. Madeline Mueller needs help because I really need a rescue flight or kittens will die in a shelter.