Akira The Beagle Transported From IN To IL

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
cathyperdeus

Akira The Beagle Transported From IN To IL

Post by cathyperdeus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:41 pm

I am one of the transportation coordinators for BREW Midwest, a Beagle rescue league. I just wanted to thank Randy and PilotNPaws for helping up transport Akira to her forever home this weekend!!!! This is a great organization and I hope to continue working with you on future transports! I have attached pictures of Randy with Akira!

Cathy
Attachments
IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg (80.98 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
IMG_1137.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
IMG_1133.jpg
IMG_1133.jpg (56.35 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

rthomure
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Akira The Beagle Transported From IN To IL

Post by rthomure » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:57 am

This was my first transport for Pilots N Paws plus a first for this beagle rescue group. It was great to have the opportunity to get a very great dog to her new owners. She will make a great pet.

This first transport was also very important to me. When I discussing, aka begging, the purchase of my first airplane with my boss, aka beautiful and very tolerant wife; she finally agreed to the purchase with my assurance that I would participant in these pet transfers. I had been sending her posts from other PnP transfers as a way to win her approval for several months. So this flight helped justify or at least legitimize the purchase in her eyes. In fact, she may even go with me on the next transfer and she doesn't like small planes.

This is the start of many flights moving pets to new homes.

Randy Thomure
C56
Randy Thomure
N9782C - C56 - SEL - IFR

dmg1mn

Post by dmg1mn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:46 pm

I did a random search and happened to find this site.
I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of Akira (now named Kara).

She is very happy, and lives in Big Lake, MN. Here she is with her adopted sisters.
Bella, Kara & Sammy.

rthomure
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by rthomure » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Thank you for the very thoughtful note - Akira was my first transport for Pilot and Paws and now I have transported over 40 dogs. I am so happy that I was able to bring Akira to her furever home.

Thanks again for the update.
Randy Thomure
N9782C - C56 - SEL - IFR

cathyperdeus

Post by cathyperdeus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Thanks so much for the update, we love to hear how our dogs are doing!! Randy and PnP have been very instrumental with helping us move dogs across the Midwest BREW region!