*done*4 dogs from Moses Lake, WA TO Comox, BC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
larissa

*done*4 dogs from Moses Lake, WA TO Comox, BC

Post by larissa » Sat May 09, 2009 5:24 pm

One lab and 3 small dogs need transport. This is a rescue operation and therefore time is of the essence to save these lives. This is my first use of this site, so please excuse omitted info. Contact Larissa in Courtenay, BC 250-218-0201.
Last edited by larissa on Sat May 23, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaero
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: CAH3
Distance willing to fly one way: 180

Re: 4 dogs from Moses Lake, WA TO Comox, BC

Post by chaero » Sun May 10, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Larissa,
I am a PnP volunteer pilot with a small 2-seat aircraft based in Courtenay. Would like to help with transport however I'm afraid this many dogs would be more than I could fit in in one go.
My limit is max weight 60 lbs total, in a carrier L24xW15xH18 in.
If you want to check it out, my aircraft is at the Courtenay Airpark. I'm around there most days but give me a call (home 339-2984, cell 897-9444) to co-ordinate if you'll be dropping by (it is inside a locked hangar)
You've likely checked out the guidelines & info available on the PnP home page, but if not suggest looking over the 'Guidelines for Rescues' and 'Important Links'. First ref. lists what should go into your transport request, the second has links to the government regulations for export/import of animals.
For planning, Moses Lake to Courtenay is about a 2 hr flight. A stop for customs each way would be required of course. Bellingham is approximately half way.
Would be happy to assist with anything I can.

Regards,
Chris Hansen
Comox
Chris Hansen
:plane: Sidewinder C-GCSW
CAH3 Courtenay, BC
Mobile 250.702.7403