READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING TRANSPORTS INTO MASSACHUSETTS

Post by admin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:45 pm

It has recently been brought to our attention that the USDA link provided to you for use during registration, and also under our guidelines, does not have the current state information for transporting animals into MA. They are working on correctly this issue. Please use this link to read about their state requirements. You must be an approved rescue on their list for OUT OF STATE aninmals. The list is given in this link below.

http://www.mass.gov/agr/animalhealth

http://www.mass.gov/agr/animalhealth/Ap ... ties.htm#C

Every state is different which is why we provide the USDA link as a resource. Each state also has their own Agricultural Department which is usually where you will find the state regulations for animals. When in doubt, please go directly to that particular states site and read their specific requirements. The majority of states require a current health certificate and a valid rabies and vaccination record. However there are some like Massachusetts who require more.

It is important for everyone to fly safely and within regulations.

Thank you all for your continued work to help animals in need.

Admin

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Airport identifier: 2B1

Re: IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING TRANSPORTS INTO MASSACHUSETTS

Post by Liza007 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 am

It has always been difficult to bring in dogs as there are only a few licensed quarantine facilities.. to go a step further on this thread, the following rescues/facilities are LICENSED in the state.. noted next to them is whether they have an approved facility to quarantine these animals. Or whether they are approved to take dogs in from out of state

http://www.mass.gov/agr/animalhealth/Ap ... tities.htm
**ALL dogs through rescues MUST go through a quarantine facility licensed by the state of Mass.. this is why on the ground transports running the northeast corridor, dogs are dropped off in either CT or NH even though their final destination whether rescue or adopter is in Mass.

As recently as this week, one of the facilities has had to close to the public as there has been an outbreak of distemper. Dogs are currently being treated, but it is not known whether these dogs originated out of state (they haven't told the public)

They are set to reopen once all the dogs have come back negative.

Ladyflier
Zip Code: 94571
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: O88
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by Ladyflier » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:43 pm

What about dogs just passing thru via ground or air to another state?
Sue Clark
Rio Vista, Ca.
[email protected]
Pilot transporter/Rescue coordinator
925 997-4778 txt ok

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:58 am

Ladyflier wrote:What about dogs just passing thru via ground or air to another state?
Sue, to my knowledge that is not a problem. For example, dogs who are attending dog shows fall into the "not staying there" category. They are addressed in the ruling. This is for dogs who are being brought into state directly to a receiving rescue organization. That rescue organization must be licensed by the state of MA.

MarthaF

Post by MarthaF » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:47 pm

What about 2 once-feral kittens being transported from NC to MA to me, as pets? I can't find instructions that seem to fit!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Just to clarify for you, Pilots N Paws does not do pet transport for your personal pets. If you need to transport your pets to you then please find an alternative avenue such as flying them commercially or paying a commercial transporter to bring them to you. Regarding the MA laws, they are online for each state under the state vet regulations or USDA requirements.

Thanks
Admin

MarthaF

Post by MarthaF » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:11 pm

I am disappointed. Before registering with your site I sent email asking for information, and was told that my situation would qualify. Perhaps it was not clear to the person who replied that their "forever home" was going to be with me. (They won't be "mine" until I receive them from the person who has rescued them - but that probably doesn't change anything. However, please let me know if it does.)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:53 am

Since you are adopting/rescuing them this qualifies. We had that background information in the email, but not on this post. Please use the instructions that were emailed to you and post a transport request. The transport from NC to MA is likely a factor. We likely would not be able to transport to MA, but could potentially move them further north for you if that is helpful.

MarthaF

Post by MarthaF » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks for clarifying, and I'm glad this is a workable idea after all! However there's a problem with one of the kittens right now, so I am not posting a transport request (yet). Is MA a problem because of the distance, or for some other reason? Perhaps my pilot friend who recommended me to you could do the MA leg of the trip. Or I could pick up in Connecticut, possibly NY but would prefer not to drive that far.