ATTENTION RESCUES! READ NOW!

READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD

Re: ATTENTION RESCUES! READ NOW!

Postby eyeland1000 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:40 pm

A PILOTS REQUEST TO ALL RESCUES- PLEASE READ..AS YOUR PILOT WILL THANK YOU FOR IT.

We consider it an honor to be of service to all of YOU. And quite honestly, WE are the ones who are in awe of YOU, and all that you do

YOU live Animal Rescue 24/7. YOU do a great job with late night phone calls, networking with your counterparts ...desperate emails...... vetting.... boarding...., driving,...and overcoming the hundred other bureaucratic hassles of pulling dogs from kill shelters that sometimes are less than helpful.

And YOU have the hardest job of all. Visiting the kill shelter and looking into each dogs eyes...seeing their litle souls...and knowing you can't save them all.... I honestly don"t know how you do it.

Our part is easy...we fly em after all the hard work is done!

There are just a couple of things that you can do to make the life of your Rescue Pilot's job and with all due respect I will share them with you.

1. Please be forgiving if your pilot is not there at exactly the specified time. Light airplanes are subject to wind, weather, and a host of other variables that are out of your pilots control. Its not the time to give your rescue pilot attitude! He's just done the best he could.

2. Please come on time. After a long flight, your pilot will want to head home. If you bring him a sandwich or soda he will love you forever, because in Rescue Flying as in life it's the little things that make the difference.

3. Please bring enough CRATES and LEASHES for your animals. It doesn't sound important, but it makes a big difference.

4. This is a big one, and has happened to me more times than I wish to remember.. (This one is for the "Receiving Rescues)....

If your Animals are being met at the airport by a bunch of Rescues, please authorize the first on the "scene" to accept the dogs for the stragglers.
Otherwise, your pilot has to wait until everyone arrives, does their "meet and greet", and get organized.

Thank you all for listening. And thank you for all you do!

Scott Messinger
eyeland1000

Postby PetResQ911 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:31 am

Great Advice and I for one will do things the way you have explained it should be done.

Saving is one thing but with out the pilots and planes... the numbers would be greatly reduced.
Many many thanks for your wisdom, advice and your dedication to serving the innocent.

I believe...
Rescuing is responsibility to the dogs.
Respect for the dogs. Nothing else.
No one else. They are not an income.
They are not a pedestal. Not a path to fame.
They are flesh and blood.
A beating heart that needs to be saved.

I never forget this.
Respectfully
Nina Ground
Pet ResQ 911
Madison, TN
PetResQ911

Postby Ellen OBrien on Tue May 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Okay, thank you for that information, I'm brand new here and want to maximize this service. Thanks Admin!
Ellen
Ellen OBrien

Postby Magnificat Rescue on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Admin,

Please bear with me; I just registered and this is the first time I post.

I am about to put in a request to transport a cat from Yonkers, NY to West Valley,NY.14171. In my request subject line, do I put in the final destination (West Valley, NY 14171) or the nearest airport and zip code, which I believe would be Buffalo (Cheektowaga, NY 14225 )? Please let me know.

Your organization does wonderful work - thank you!

Mary
Magnificat Cat Rescue
Yonkers, NY
Magnificat Rescue

Postby Steve Foley on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Put in the zipcode of the destination. Let the pilot choose the airport.
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby Magnificat Rescue on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Thank you - will post request now.

One more quick question: I have read through all the FAQ, and I will make certain to follow the instructions (and ensure that the adoptive family meeting the pilot does as well). What do most pilots prefer when transporting a cat - a hard carrier or a soft carrier? Any size limitations?

Mary
Magnificat Cat Rescue
Yonkers, NY
Magnificat Rescue

Postby Steve Foley on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm

It probably depends on the pilot and his/her plane.

Post the request and see what you get.
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby Magnificat Rescue on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Thank you - just posted my request!
Magnificat Rescue

Postby LindaWatkins on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Thank you for all that you do - as a "frequent flyer" I really appreciate the coformity of the postings and the form that allows us to ensure we provide pilots with the information they need.
LindaWatkins

Postby chela on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:47 pm

As someone who has used P and P many times, you have my undying gratitude for the difference you have made. There is so much bad and cruelty in this world, and when you see someone giving of themselves just to help a creature they have never met it is extremely touching. Thank you again for all you do.
chela

Previous

Return to Ride Board Announcements