Tampa FL to Boston MA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Betty DeAcetis

Tampa FL to Boston MA

Post by Betty DeAcetis » Tue May 26, 2009 7:24 pm

We have an 8 lb yorkie male that is an operated Liver Shunt pup that is being fostered in Tampa and will be adopted in Boston that is ready to be transported to his new adoptive home. He is a very gentle little guy that is going to a family that one member is receiving chemo and he will be good therapy for her as she battles cancer. We have folks in FL who can transport him to Tampa or even another airport and I would pick him up in Boston or even Manchester NH. His family is anxious to get him so I am hoping someone can help us make their dream come true....thanking you in advance. I can be contacted at 781-334-4356 or cell 339-226-1066. Open for any suggestions...
Betty DeAcetis
Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue

[map:33601-02101]6418[/map]

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Re: Tampa FL to Boston MA

Post by AlexKittenplan » Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 pm

I can take him from NJ/Eastern NY/Eastern PA to the Boston area on a weekend in VFR conditions. How close to Boston do you want him?

Alex Kittenplan
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Tue May 26, 2009 9:01 pm

AlexKittenplan wrote:I can take him from NJ/Eastern NY/Eastern PA to the Boston area on a weekend in VFR conditions. How close to Boston do you want him?
Alex Kittenplan
Betty, I know you are new to the forum and this is your first request so thought I would jump in an explain that VFR means Visual Flight Rules. Those are the rules Alex flies by which equates for those of us non-pilots to only flying on calm, clear days. It may look clear to you but there are other factors involved aloft that the pilots research. Other pilots may fly IFR which means Instrument Flight Rules and they will fly on days that are less then optimal. Each pilot makes their own determination on weather conditions and their comfort zone for flying that day. My explanation is very simplified but I am sure you will understand the basic idea.

Thank you Alex for offering to help the pup and the person in need!!

Debi

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by skyking » Tue May 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Betty,

I can fly the Florida leg of this transport on any day that the weather will allow. I will go as far as the Florida/Georgia border from Tallahassee to Jacksonville.

Jeff
305-797-6356

Betty DeAcetis

Re: Tampa FL to Boston MA Request canceled

Post by Betty DeAcetis » Fri May 29, 2009 10:37 am

Please cancel this request as we have a member who has agreed to fly with this pup next week. While this was my first request, I would like to thank everyone who called and answered the request.....just a great group of people and so willing to help with their services. I think my first transport should be a shorter trip as well as I need to educate myself on how everything works.....thanks again for all your support.

MaryElizabeth

Post by MaryElizabeth » Sat May 30, 2009 7:38 am

I would also like to thank you all for your efforts on behalf of Betty and little Kirby. I am relieved to see that he has a way to his new home as they are anxious to get him home. I would also like to invite any of you that like to fly in for weekend events and since you are dog lovers Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue is having their 10th Anniversary Yorkie Ball in Nashville October 1-4 please visit our web site for more information if you want to come we would love to meet some you. Our hotel is five miles from the airport and has a free shuttle to and from the hotel.
Thanks again for all you are doing to help those of us who are working so hard in rescue.
MaryElizabeth Dugmore
President YTNR
www.YorkieRescue.com