PILOTS N PAWS IS IN THE NEWS AGAIN! NASHVILLE THIS TIME!

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

PILOTS N PAWS IS IN THE NEWS AGAIN! NASHVILLE THIS TIME!

Post by admin » Thu May 21, 2009 2:00 pm

We are so fortunate that reporters find what Pilots N Paws is doing news worthy! Here is the latest featured news story with reporter Erin Holt and WKRN videographer Bo. This was just aired Tuesday and we are hoping it gets picked up by other ABC feeds across the country. I know it has already been picked up in other areas of TN. Hopefully, pilots will see the story and head over here and join the rest of you sky angels, as you are so often referred too!

http://tinyurl.com/p2b954

Debi

PilotChip
Zip Code: 92026
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: PILOTS N PAWS IS IN THE NEWS AGAIN! NASHVILLE THIS TIME!

Post by PilotChip » Wed May 27, 2009 10:58 pm

Great!

Who invited the media to do a story? It would be a big help around Los Angeles. There are many pilots flying for fun here always asking people to go ride with them. They probably wouldn't mind taking a pet along too.

There's a long cut-out pilots n paws news article in our pilot lounge here at EMT and a few web site tabs have been taken which is a good sign.

I like to wear my airplane or runway tie and hand out business cards on rescue flights to everybody and FBOs.

I use a certain online printing company [PM me for the site] because you can make 250 FREE cards for about $6 shipping fee.

(Can I post the company's name?)
Jason Chipkin | San Diego, CA | Flight Tracker: CMF01
Serving Southern California, Nevada and Arizona

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 28, 2009 9:21 am

PilotChip wrote:Great!
I like to wear my airplane or runway tie and hand out business cards on rescue flights to everybody and FBOs.
I use a certain online printing company [PM me for the site] because you can make 250 FREE cards for about $6 shipping fee.
(Can I post the company's name?)
Jason, yes of course post the name! We have some brochures available now to hand out to other pilots or use for special events, just FYI...... On the flyer if you print another one out, it says "flights are tax deductible" (soon) we can cross out the soon and put NOW :D

Regarding media at the airport, most of the time the local rescues and or pilots contact all their news stations either by phone or by sending them an email with a little about what PNP is and perhaps a photo--photos seem to speak loudly and news stations are always looking for something positive to add to their broadcasts...PNP will usually fit that need! It's all about networking and we need to continue to network, particularly since we are hoping to do the big awareness day transport in September.....WE NEED EVERYONE's HELP with this please!

As always, thanks for the input.

PilotChip
Zip Code: 92026
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KCRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by PilotChip » Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 pm

VistaPrint.com. Check out the free stuff section!
Jason Chipkin | San Diego, CA | Flight Tracker: CMF01
Serving Southern California, Nevada and Arizona

waterfowlrescue

Post by waterfowlrescue » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:28 pm

You could always generate a sample press release for people to use. That way all they do is fill in the details of that flight/rescue and then they can submit to local news stations. If you had a template ready you could probably get more people to submit it becasue a lot of people dont know how to put together that sort of thing.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Jennifer,

Thank you for the reminder!

We have a press release that went out via specific outlets this week. I am going to post the press release on the forum board and ask all of you to please sent it on to your local tv stations, press media, magazined, other reporters you have worked with and ask them if they will work with you to cover your transport/flight in September. I will list is under our General Discussions section of the forum board and I will also upload it on the homepage of the website for print out and use.

Debi

richclover

Post by richclover » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:44 pm

I'll look for the press release, Debi. We're flying a Golden Retriever or 2 from Idaho Falls to Casper, WY, tomorrow AM. Word is the Casper TV station is doing a story on the receiving rescue and wants to be at the airport to meet us. I'll have a PNP flyer for them, along with the press release. Thanks!

We need more pilots in the inter-mountain West!

Rich

admin wrote:Jennifer,

Thank you for the reminder!

We have a press release that went out via specific outlets this week. I am going to post the press release on the forum board and ask all of you to please sent it on to your local tv stations, press media, magazined, other reporters you have worked with and ask them if they will work with you to cover your transport/flight in September. I will list is under our General Discussions section of the forum board and I will also upload it on the homepage of the website for print out and use.

Debi

RadarP3C

Post by RadarP3C » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:27 pm

I just saw a report on local news (Nashville). This report prompted me to join this forum and offer my help.