PUP WITH MALFORMED LEGS NEEDS TO GET TO RESCUE

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
judyk3015

PUP WITH MALFORMED LEGS NEEDS TO GET TO RESCUE

Post by judyk3015 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Pitbull/hound mix, 30 lbs., 5-6 mos.
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Unknown
Special needs: Has deformation of front legs of unknown origin
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Kay Gozell, Foster, [email protected], 573-757-7503
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Erica Brown of Secondhand Snoots Rescue in Gurnee, IL, [email protected], 847-791-3647
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving rescue is
Additional Info/situation: Bentley needs to get to rescue ASAP in order to receive medical evaluation to see if his deformed legs can be corrected or his condition helped. HAS RIDE ON TUESDAY TO KSUS ARRIVING AROUND 2:30 PM. NEEDS RIDE FROM KSUS TO GURNEE IL AREA!
Last edited by judyk3015 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

stlsmiths

Re: PUP WITH MALFORMED LEGS NEEDS TO GET TO RESCUE

Post by stlsmiths » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:27 am

I might be flying another rescue up from Memphis (near Kennet MO) on Mon 11/19 or Tues 11/20 (via Kansas City) returning to my home base in St. Louis. I could pickup up this one in Kennet, MO and shuttle it along with to KC and back to my base airport in St. Louis. That will make for a longish day of flying for me, so if another St. Louis based pilot can take this guy from KSUS up to Chicago KUGN this would complete the transport.

I may be able to do the Chicago trip the following day, assuming weather looks okay, BUT would prefer if somebody else could do the KSUS to KUGN leg (as this would be alot of fuel $$$ for me to "contribute" !).

Todd

P.S. - What is the heart worm status of this dog? I will need to know that, should be on the health cert, before having this dog in with the Memphis dog.

judyk3015

Post by judyk3015 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the response. As far as the heartworm test, this is what I have been told by the receiving rescue:

Heartworm is not contagious. Dogs cannot be tested before they are 6 months old because it takes at least 6 months before the heartworms actually show up on the test and even then it has to be a pretty significant case of heartworm. The test will only be positive if there are female adult worms present. If there are only larvae or male worms present the test will show negative.

I can try to find somebody to go to St Louis and meet him if we can nail down a time and date. :)

Erica M. Brown
President, Secondhand Snoots Rescue

If you will, please respond directly to the sender [email protected] and receiver [email protected] about a date and time. That will be quicker than corresponding with me. I'm just helping to facilitate this little one's rescue. I normally coordinate volunteer ground transports and can't get one done quick enough for this baby. Thanks.

Judy

FlyingTrucker
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KTKX
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by FlyingTrucker » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 am

Todd, I'm based right out of Kennett, Mo.; however i'm only available on weekends Saturdays and most Sunday afternoons. If ur wanting to do this early next week fraid i can't help; but If the Transport had to wait until the Sat. after Thanksgiving then i think we can put something together. I will monitor this thread closely for future updates. :plane:

judyk3015

Post by judyk3015 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 am

Have flight from Kennett, MO to St. Louis arriving Tuesday about 2:30 pm. Now needd pilot from STL to Waukegan, IL Tuesday afternoon
Last edited by judyk3015 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

stlsmiths

Post by stlsmiths » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 am

Actually I'll be arriving in St. Louis at KSUS around 2:30 on Tue 11/20.

We would still need a transport for him from KSUS to Waukegan KUGN.

judyk3015

Post by judyk3015 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:30 am

Changed it from 12:30 to 2:30. Just a typo. Thanks, Todd.

FlyingTrucker
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KTKX
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by FlyingTrucker » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:00 pm

That's great Todd, glad to hear this pup will get his transport and future assistance. :D :plane:

stlsmiths

Post by stlsmiths » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 am

Just as an update to this posting, we've got this guy scheduled to go from Kennet, MO to Bloomington, IL on Weds 11/21/12, with ground transport the remainder of the journey up to Gurnee, IL.