Bear, medium sized rescue dog needs transport from NC to FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
peggyharrell

Bear, medium sized rescue dog needs transport from NC to FL

Post by peggyharrell » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Herder, 50 lb, 1 yr
Health Condition: Very good
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: up to date
Health Certificate: will get when flight is scheduled
Spay/Neutered: Neutered
Special needs: Shy
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Peggy Harrell, SPCA Alliance of NC
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Earl Newton
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected] 252-908-1171
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: Bear was rescued, fully vetted, has been in foster for two months, Earl Newton is adopting him.
Attachments
Bear1.JPG
Last edited by peggyharrell on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagletla
Zip Code: 30295
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 6A2
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Bear, medium sized rescue dog needs transport from NC to

Post by eagletla » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:12 pm

We are based just south of Atlanta and could take him from the Atlanta area (preferably 6A2, which is just south of Atlanta) to Jacksonville if someone else could get him to the Atlanta area.

peggyharrell

Post by peggyharrell » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 am

Thank you, I'll ask if someone can take him to Atlanta

patthepilot

Post by patthepilot » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 pm

I'll be available on Saturday. I'll be coming from Sanford, NC and leaving around noon. Which would put me at JAX around 4PM. Will everyone be available then? Would the receiving person at JAX be able to meet me at Sheltair?

What are the dimensions of this guy? I need to either make sure I have a crate big enough or he can come with his own crate.

peggyharrell

Post by peggyharrell » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Patrick, thank you for your offer. So you're saying we will need to have him in Sanford to go with you on Saturday? I don't think I can do that, it's a good two hour drive for me and I'm swamped this weekend with work, and we're having family over on Saturday since they can't come tomorrow. I have crates of different sizes so that's not a problem. He's short, so he would take a medium size crate. I don't mean to be whining when I have offers, please don't think that I'm not grateful.

peggyharrell

Post by peggyharrell » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Terry Anderson has offered to pick Bear up in Atlanta and take him to Jax on Fri, Sat. or Sun this weekend, Saturday is out for me as I'm swamped with work and don't have a minute to take him over. Friday or Sunday will work is someone can take him from Tarboro to Atlanta (preferably 6A2, which is just south of Atlanta.

patthepilot

Post by patthepilot » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:29 pm

No, sorry for the misunderstanding-I am based out of Sanford-but the flight up to Tarboro couldn't take but 20 or 30 minutes-that's not a problem. I just wanted to make sure people on both ends would be available. The flight to Atlanta for me would be a little under 2.5 hours or for 3.2 hours I could just fly the guy all the way to JAX. So I've got the airplane booked for Saturday starting at noon, and if people are available I'll fly him down.

peggyharrell

Post by peggyharrell » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Sounds perfect!!! We have an airstrip here, not sure if you're familiar with it, that's all it is. Or we can take him to Greenville or Rocky Mount. I won't be available but can get someone to take him to meet you where ever is best for you. I'll check with all parties involved to see if this will work for them and get right back to you as soon as I hear from them. Thanks so much!!! Peggy

eagletla
Zip Code: 30295
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 6A2
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by eagletla » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Be carefull choosing a second pilot after you already have one that says they can do it. You might end up with nothing.

peggyharrell

Post by peggyharrell » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:51 pm

I understand what your're saying Terry. I stopped asking once I got Patrick's message saying he could pick Bear up and take him the whole way. Sorry, it was getting confusing. Thanks so much, I appreciate everything y'all do for these shelter dogs. Peggy