Urgent Medical - San Jose CA to Riverside, CA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Dorothy Stone-Inouye
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Urgent Medical - San Jose CA to Riverside, CA

Post by Dorothy Stone-Inouye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 pm

SJACS A811526.jpg
Faith has a severe degloving wound to her back foot and needs medical attention to save her.
Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Australian Cattledog, approx. 40 lbs, young adult female
Health Condition: Severe foot/leg wound needs attention; is painful and extreme risk of infection.
Heart worm Status: unk
Vaccinations: yes
Health Certificate: n/a flying within state
Spay/Neutered: unk
Special needs: yes
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties San Jose Animal Control Services
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Redwood Coast Cattledog Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Dorothy - email please
Are you a 501c3: Pending
Additional Info/situation: "Faith" is a friendly young adult female cattledog who found herself in San Jose Animal Control with a severe wound on her back foot. It's painful and needs vet attention asap to hopefully save her leg and get it heeling properly. She has also run out of time at the shelter. SJACS has been very helpful with her and given extra time to get her out but this time is also coming to an end. Ideally we would like to see her be able to fly to her foster in Riverside CA on Friday or Saturday (Nov 23rd or 24th) as SJACS is closed Sunday. We have a volunteer on the ground on both ends of this. Thank you for helping save her life!

Dudley

Re: Urgent Medical - San Jose CA to Riverside, CA

Post by Dudley » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Dorothy:

I can fly her Saturday between Bakersfield (either airport) and Riverside. Can we get someone to take the northern leg? I can meet them around noon.

Bill
h: 909-792-6653
c: 951-235-6950

fineberg
Zip Code: 95070
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KRHV

Post by fineberg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:53 pm

I could most likely go from San Jose (Reid-Hillview airport) to Paso Robles on Friday morning if that is of any help.

Regards,
Adam Fineberg

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Adam:

Can you fly on Saturday rather than Friday. I can meet you at Paso Robles or Bakersfield, but I cannot get an aircraft until Saturday.

Bill

fineberg
Zip Code: 95070
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KRHV

Post by fineberg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm sorry, no, I'm not available on Saturday.

Regards,
Adam Fineberg

MaxRide

Post by MaxRide » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm

If the sending and receiving parties are available and someone can fly the first 60NM or so, I'd be willing to do this tomorrow (Thanksgiving).

=) I know it may sound like a pain at first, but come on! Nothing is cooler than showing up for dinner and saying "Sorry I'm late. I was flying injured animails for charity."

I am out of San Diego and can meet the first pilot around 12 AM if needed.

619-405-6968 <-- Cell

Sundance

Post by Sundance » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:17 pm

I can do Calaveras County (KCPU) to Bakersfield on Saturday.

Bruce
209-286-9212

Sundance

Post by Sundance » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Update to my previous: I can pick her up in the San Jose area and fly her to Bakersfield to rendezvous with Bill on Saturday. I've got a call into him regarding the timing. Let me know if this works for you...

Bruce
209-286-9212

Dorothy Stone-Inouye
Pilot?: No

Post by Dorothy Stone-Inouye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Wow - we are so glad for all the possibilities! - the bottom line is whatever can get her to Riverside Friday or Saturday would be fantastic, weather permitting of course. It probably should be early if possible so there's time to get her to the vet on the receiving end. We have an 8am vet check Saturday to make sure the wound is dressed and protected for the flight and she will have a collar and leash, have pain meds and a shot of antibiotic to go. We can probably get this done Friday instead, if it turned out that day would be best. We have some flexibility but not a lot.

- Have to say the idea of a Thanksgiving Day flight is also very cool unfortunately the AC folks won't want to come unlock the doors for us to get her out so we have to wait until they come back to work.

-Dorothy

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Just talked to Bruce. Subject to Dorothy making her arrangements, we are set for Saturday. I will pick up dog from Bruce at Meadows Field, and bring her to Riverside Municipal Airport. Anticipate arrival at Riverside by 4:oop.m., probably earlier depending on when Bruce and I can meet.

Bill