URGENT & Hoping for miracle: Family from ACZ to M54

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
4kitties

URGENT & Hoping for miracle: Family from ACZ to M54

Post by 4kitties » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Number of animals being transported: 5: One mama dog and her four (4) puppies
Breeds, weight, age: Mama is a shepherd mix (labeled by shelter as shepherd/pit mix but I don't see any pit in her); she is small- about 40-45 lbs and short. Babies are only 2 weeks old.
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: Will need to check with vet to have necessary vaccinations for travel; babies are too young for vaccinations as of yet.
Health Certificate: Will have to get this if we can find a flight for them.
Spay/Neutered: No
Special needs: Mama is still nursing babies so they may need to all be crated together. We can advise of crate dimensions that they could fit in.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Pender County Animal Control Facility, Burgaw NC
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Tennessee Death Rows Dogs, Nashville NC - 501c3 group
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Leslie Eyster, Pender A/C volunteer, Cell #910-297-7446. This is the best way to contact me this weekend as I won't have regular access to computer.
Are you a 501c3: Tennessee Death Row Dogs
Additional Info/situation: Mama was owner relinquished after a cruelty case in which she was chained to a concrete bench with only a piece of sheet metal as her shelter and without food and water. She found herself at the kill shelter and there she had her babies. She is such a sweetheart and we are so excited that this wonderful group will take this family. We just need to get them there ASAP. We probably would not be able to arrange flight until Sunday (11/25), Monday (11/26) or Tuesday (11/27)
Attachments
2012-11-17_14_49_24.jpg
Last edited by 4kitties on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

dagenhartrj
Zip Code: 43082
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLck
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: URGENT & Hoping for miracle: Family from ACZ to M54

Post by dagenhartrj » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Has anyone begun to arrange anything for this mission?

I am in Jacksonville and am flying two flights this weekend, If the dogs and pups are not moved my next weekend I maybe interested in taking this one, WX/ freezing layer depending.
R. Jason Dagenhart
Capt. USMC
HMHT-302 MCAS NewRiver
Jacksonville, NC
CH-53E & 1972 Cessna 177RG
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Cell: 843-263-2896

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. No responses yet; you're my first one! I'm also working on ground transport options as well! Please let me know what distance/airport you would want to get to on your first leg and we'll go from there!

Take care
Leslie

dagenhartrj
Zip Code: 43082
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLck
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by dagenhartrj » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I can take the them the whole way if no one steps up. Or if someone wants to meet at Kgsp as Kgsp would be a gas stop for me I can't quite make the whole way so gsp is a good mud point stop.
R. Jason Dagenhart
Capt. USMC
HMHT-302 MCAS NewRiver
Jacksonville, NC
CH-53E & 1972 Cessna 177RG
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Cell: 843-263-2896

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi Jason,

Wow, you could take them the whole way? Are you saying this coming weekend, the 24th or the following weekend, the 3rd?

Thank you!!!

Take care
Leslie

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi Jason

Thanks for your time earlier. It was nice to talk with you. If you think you might be able to do the flight tomorrow, please give me a call at 910-297-7446. I'll need to know what time your ETA would be at ACZ etc. I won't be checking PNP board again until late tomorrow evening.

Take care!
Leslie
910-297-7446

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Jason

Thanks for your offer to fly tommorow with a 8:30 departure time. I just spoke with a shelter employee and unfortunately, they will not be able to make the 8:30 time. She will still need her health cert and most vets in their area will not open until 8. We appreciate your help and maybe we can work on a flight for next weekend! Take care Leslie

cmasiero
Zip Code: 34787
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KISM
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by cmasiero » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi,

Weather permitting, I could do the 2nd leg to TN.

Jason, we could meet at GMU at the runway Cafe.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for your help. Will it be possible to coordinate this for this coming Saturday, Dec 1st?

Please give me a call me at 910-297-7446 or email me at [email protected]. We can coordinate through email and link up the current temp foster/sender and rescue/receiver parties via email.

Please let me know your thoughts on crating the pups. I believe two small carriers will do and Mama could be tethered in the backseat, as long as they're planning to be your only passengers.

I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing back from everyone!

Take care,
Leslie

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 pm

A HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to pilots Jason and Christophe for their help today. These guys saved five lives today!!!!

Its always amazing when these flight missions take place and its wonderful to know that there are such great folks out there in the world, making such a wonderful, positive difference.

I say this all the time I know, but pilots Please know what an incredible part of the animal rescue community to you. You are all wonderful and kind and lives are being saved because of you!

Take care!
Leslie