From Cherokee, NC to GSO, NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Findinggreathomes

From Cherokee, NC to GSO, NC

Post by Findinggreathomes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Jack Russell Terrier, Male, 1.5 years, 15 lbs
Health Condition: Unknown
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: Rabies Shot
Health Certificate: No
Spay/Neutered: no
Special needs:
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties 828-788-1344
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Robin Manley, Finding Great Homes Rescue 336-414-1373 [email protected]
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):
Are you a 501c3:
Additional Info/situation: I got a call today from a man who lives on an Indian Reservation in Cherokee, NC. He found a JRT a year ago and he doesn't want the dog - his shelter there is a high kill shelter and he asked me to take the dog into rescue. This dog has only had a rabies shot - no other vet care. This man is willing to drive to Asheville, NC to bring the dog to the airport on the 30th of November. Is there any pilot who is able to help us to bring this dog to safety?
Last edited by Findinggreathomes on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtemp290
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: From Cherokee, NC to GSO, NC

Post by rtemp290 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:15 pm

I can take him on Saturday (12/1), if they can wait an extra day.

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:32 pm

The man's name who has the dog is Michael Zepeda. I just sent him a text message asking him if 12/1/12 would work. I appreciate your offer to fly the dog here and i will be in touch with you as soon as i hear back from Mr. Zepeda. Thank you so much. Fingers crossed that 12/1/12 will work. Robin Manley

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Mr. Zepeda said that the 1st of December will work. He can be reached at 828-788-1344 . Do you have an address and the time you want him there? He lives an hour or so away from Asheville. Thanks again, Robin 336-414-1373

rtemp290

Post by rtemp290 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:22 am

Robin - I will call Mr. Zepeda to set up time and location at the Asheville Airport (AVL). Landmark Aviation at 240 Wright Brothers Way, Fletcher NC 28732, 828-687-7110. Which airport in Greensboro is the best for you?

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 am

Good morning-
There is a slim chance that this dog will be picked up today and driven to GSO. A local Pilot and Paws pilot has a meeting in Laurens, SC and he said that he'd be willing to drive to Asheville to pick up this dog IF Mr. Zepeda can meet him later today. Mr. Zepeda didn't sound all that confident he could be in Asheville later on so if you don't mind, please plan on flying this dog on the 1st and i will let you know this afternoon if this dog is safe or not. Thank you for your patience. Robin

If you do fly into GSO, i am close to either Landmark Aviation or Atlantic Aero - both are great.

rtemp290

Post by rtemp290 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks for the update.

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I am going to need you on the 1st! Jon's meeting finished early and the person with the dog was not able to meet him in Asheville today.

rtemp290

Post by rtemp290 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Ok, I will make arrangements and let you know a time to arrive in GSO.

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Believe it or not, Jon Wells met Mr Zepeda this afternoon after all I am so sorry to have wasted your time on this one. At least the dog is safe and sound. Thank you for your kind offer to help me on this one. I hope i haven't burned any bridges.