Need Ride for 5 Puppies to Aberdeen, SD

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Need Ride for 5 Puppies to Aberdeen, SD

Post by 747pilot » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 am

I will be away from my computer until late this afternoon but will check this post when I get back.
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP

ARATT

Post by ARATT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Jim,
I just sent an email to Sam asking him if he would be able to do it this Thursday, will that date work for you? If so, what time would the puppies need to be in Jackson?

Thank You!
Kim Austin

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Thursday would be a good day for this rescue because as of now, the forecast is very good. I might be combining another rescue with yours for one more small dog. I will know more tomorrow. What I will do is fly over to Shelbyville, TN Airport for the pickup. I will not use the Lewisburg Airport. I will provide times later but it will be in the AM and if I had to guess my ETA for Shelbyville would be around 9:30AM.
IF THURSADAY IS A GO, LET ME KNOW ASAP BECAUSE I HAVE OTHER RESCUES PENDING.
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP TN

staylor4
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Post by staylor4 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm

Thursday is good for me.
Sam Taylor

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Sounds good. Will fine tune etas tomorrow but will try to depart Shelbyville, TN by 0930AM. Sam, You are based at GPH.?
Jim
I'm trying to combine another PNP flight for one small dog going to IL but not sure if it will work or not.

ARATT

Post by ARATT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Sam and Jim, ARATT wanted me to ask if you both have room for us to add one more dog going with the 5 puppies to same location. This dog is a mix, I heard him called a cattle dog mix, he is approximately 45 to 50 pounds, fully vetted and health certificate. If you can take him, that is great, if not, we truly understand. If you can let me know, I will have the vet go ahead and prepare his travel documents. He had a rescue in Connecticut that fell thru and he has been in the kennel for 6 weeks and our rescue in South Dakota is very happy to take him it is just us getting him there.

Thank you both very much for all your help!!!!!
Kim Austin

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 am

Should be able to fit one more if they all get along. You say puppies and they are 45-50 lbs. Just remember, that many dogs of that size will have a tough time fitting in a crate that would fit in my plane so they would have to ride together in the back seat on short leash's and put the other small dogs in crates in the back. You did read where I will now fly to Shelbyville for the pickup?
Jim Carney
Sam,Could you meet me at Lees Summit? LXT I have family there and they want to take me out to lunch before I head back South.

staylor4
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Post by staylor4 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 am

Lee's Summit is a piece of cake for me! Just tell me when to be there. As for the extra passenger--always room for one more.
Sam

ARATT

Post by ARATT » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:24 am

Okay, Thursday is definitely a go! Thank you both soooo much. Jim, when you send me a definite time, we will have the puppies and Titan there on time. I just spoke with the man who was working with the dogs and he stated that Titan (who is 1 to 3 yrs old) had no problem with the 2 pointer puppies. Since this is my first transport, can you tell me do we need to bring crates, or anything for the dogs, or do you have them already? Sorry so many questions, but after this first time, I will know for sure next time exactly what I need to do and what to bring. Thank you so much for your patience and your help with this, you and Sam have both been great!!!!! Sam, when you know your flight times, can you let me know an eta for Sioux City and I will inform Sarah Metcalf, the rescue that will be picking up the dogs. Thank you both again soooo much for this transport!

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 am

I plan on landing at Shelbyville, TN Airport bu 9:30AM. PLEASE, let me know that you understand the airport is Shelbyville, Not Jackson, TN. there is a big difference. As of now, the flight from SYI to LXT will be a long one. 2+47.
I have crates for the small ones the rest will be in the back seat together on short leashs.
VERY IMPORTANT
Very little food and water tonight and tomorrow AM and well walked before flight. Please try to get them clean.
Bring all vet records.
Make sure you have some form of ID on each dog complete with collar's and leashs.
Send all phone contacts for the people involved with this rescue. Including the person who will bring the dogs to me.
Sam, please send me your cell number, I don't have it in my phone.

Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP - TN
B55 - N66JC
901-496-0768
[email protected]