Australian Cattle Dog transport from St Louis MO to Seattle

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
SueBurnett

Australian Cattle Dog transport from St Louis MO to Seattle

Post by SueBurnett » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Australian Cattle Dog, 55 lbs, 8 y.o.
Health Condition: Good Health
Heart worm Status: No HW
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate: Will get today
Spay/Neutered: Neutered
Special needs: Shy with strangers, at risk of running if he gets a chance
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Gail Jurgensmeyer
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Sue Burnett
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 253-853-1665, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation: Tucker and I have a wonderful bond that began the day we met at N.O.A.H., a pet rescue organization north of Seattle, WA. He was 4 years old and had been found tied to the fence post at N.O.A.H. with no note, just a collar tag that said his name was Tucker. We had an immediate love for each other and the people at N.O.A.H. could tell Tucker was going home to his "Forever Home." He has the run of our acre and a quarter piece of paradise just above Puget Sound near the small town of Gig Harbor. He and I go everywhere together. He has taken many road trips with us and is a great camper. It was on our latest travel adventure when he went missing. We had left him with a friend in her fenced backyard in O'Fallon, Illinois while we went out for lunch with some other friends. He almost always goes everywhere with us so he didn't understand being left behind. He escaped the fence and went to lay in the grass near our vehicle and trailer. When our friend went out to find him, she tried to catch him to put him back in the fenced yard. He ran. She chased him until she couldn't see him anymore. We all walked the neighborhoods calling and calling for him. No one reported seeing him and it seemed like he might have just kept running. We eventually had to head back to Washington state with sad hearts not knowing if we would ever see Tucker again. I have sent posters and photos and descriptions to multiple Animal Control Facilities, Rescue Organizations, and other pet related businesses in an ever widening circle. Facebook posts shared, and reshared put his photos out to a multitude of people in Illinois, Missouri, and Wisconsin. Craigslist posts also reached others in the attempt to get an army of people looking for my Tucker. Yesterday (12/3/12), five (5!!) weeks and one day after he was lost in O'Fallon, Illinois, I received the call from the Clinton County Animal Control Officer that my dog had been found and when could I pick him up. My friend in O'Fallon picked him up about an hour later. He is doing well, considering he was on his own for 5 weeks. He will see a veterinarian today to get his health certificate and he will be ready to come home! I hope someone can help me with his trip home. We are looking into an Alaska Airlines flight that would get him here with minimal handling, but if there are pilots that are willing to take a leg of his trip home, I would be overjoyed to hear from you. Tucker's "Forever Home" is ready for the grandest welcome a dog has ever had. Please let me know if you can help.
Attachments
Tucker7854WEB.jpg
I'm a professional photographer and whenever I am setting up for a portrait session, Tucker wants to be first!
Tucker3110WEB.jpg
This is Tucker at one of our beach walks. He loves to chase the waves and run in the sand.
Tucker3110WEB.jpg (106.51 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Last edited by SueBurnett on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

cainjm40
Zip Code: 59639
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: S69
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Australian Cattle Dog transport from St Louis MO to Seat

Post by cainjm40 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 pm

The direct routing is pretty much south of me, but if whatever routing you are able to obtain brings your dog into western Montana, I could do up to a 500 nautical mile round trip flight from Lincoln MT (S69) for one of the legs. It would have to be on a good weather day (somewhat limited in the winter) , visual flight rules (VFR), and during daylight hours (days are short in the winter). If you aren't already, you should probably be looking into finding a long haul trucker that could bring him. Or you might find a corporate air of a company in the Seattle area that just might be flying that direction. Or there is always commercial air.

Hope this helps.
Jerome Cain - PNP ID cainjm40 - [email protected] - 406-461-5631 (cell) (text)
Northwest Volunteer Trip Coordinator & Pilot
1999 Aviat Husky A-1A N817JC Red/White
Daytime VFR only
Lincoln Airport (S69) Lincoln MT 59639

SueBurnett

Post by SueBurnett » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank you.
We are looking into commercial flights.
If it looks like we could use your help from Western Montana, I will let you know.
I'm a Montana girl myself. Went to high school in Billings.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
~Sue

Minshall
Zip Code: 97140
Airport identifier: KUAO
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Minshall » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 pm

I could meet Jerry half way in either Walla Walla or Lewiston, and get Tucker as far as the Portland area. From Portland, it should be pretty easy to get up to Seattle - your challenge will be the first few legs of the journey. This routing also leaves Jerry with the mountain crossing - not sure if that's viable this time of year.

SueBurnett

Post by SueBurnett » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:04 am

Thank you for your offer.
I am working on the first leg of the journey.
If I can get that arranged, we would drive to Portland to get Tucker.
I will keep you posted!
Thanks.
Sue
253-853-1665

cainjm40

Post by cainjm40 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 am

I appreciate the comment about crossing the mountains. On a good day, its not a problem. However, there haven't been very many good days for quite some time now, but they do occasionally occur during the winter.
Daytime VFR only

Twoby20

Post by Twoby20 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm

There is a CARE Transport that goes from Kansas City to Colorado (and possibly further west, I am not sure). It is a ground transport that I believe leaves on Thursdays? I could be wrong on the date though! I would definitely look into this, as pilots in Western Kansas can be a little difficult to come by! Please let me know if the CARE transport seems like an option for you, as depending on the timing, my husband might be able to fly to St. Louis and bring him to Kansas City. Depends on timing though!

Jessica

SueBurnett

Post by SueBurnett » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Thank you for the information about the Care Transport.
I have contacted them to see if it will work for them to get Tucker in Kansas City and move him west.
The pilot from Portland may be able to pick him up in western Colorado or Utah. I will try to find other pilots who may be able to take a leg of the journey.
It is very generous of you to offer to get Tucker to Kansas City. I will keep you posted.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to call me.
~Sue
253-853-1665

SueBurnett

Post by SueBurnett » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 pm

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED TO MY REQUEST FOR HELP GETTING MY TUCKER HOME.

Tucker is flying on a non-stop Alaska Airlines flight from St Louis, MO to Seattle, WA tonight. We will pick him up around 8:45 pm.
He had not used a crate since we got him 4 years ago, but he was very happy to go in and lay down in his new crate, so I am expecting him to do fine on his flight home this evening.
We can hardly wait to have him home again! It has been almost six weeks since he ran away in O'Fallon, Illinois on October 28.

This is a wonderful network of individuals that really care for dogs and the people who love them.
Thank you for all you do to rescue and transport dogs so they can find a "Forever Home."

Sue Burnett
Gig Harbor, WA

I will post a photo tomorrow and then sign off from this site.

cainjm40

Post by cainjm40 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Sue - So happy that this all worked out for you. Sounds like Tucker will be glad to get home. Please give Tucker a big hug for all of us when he gets home.
Daytime VFR only