need help in norcal going to salt lake city

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
curly4dana

need help in norcal going to salt lake city

Post by curly4dana » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 pm

I have a 3 yr old dobermann female that i need to get to salt lake city and her new home.
my name is dana hidalgo and i live outside of san francisco, california. we have 3 dobermanns in our home and have spent the last 4 months trying to keep the two females from killing each other. they are both beautiful, well bred girls but they can not live together. the injuries to each of them as well as ourselves has been awful! i lost count of the stitches and staples and antibiotics for the four of us.
my husband and i have made the heart breaking decision to re-home our older girl, Nora. through facebook, we have found her a new home outside of salt lake city. kim moffitt farley will be taking Nora into her home if we can get her there.
this situation has become unbearable for everyone concerned. the bloodshed and vet bills have us broke and just coping. the tension has been off the charts and the fighting has become more and more frequent. we thought we could train this out of the two girls, but have come to realize that making this heartbreaking decision to re-home one of our furbabies is the only humane solution.
i can not allow them to abuse each other any more, nor can i allow them to live in this tension filled atmosphere. separating them only works for a few hours. after that it's simply abusive and we can go on like this.
i do not want to turn nora over to a shelter as the kill rate is just too high.
i have worked to make sure that she would be in a good home, now we just need to somehow, get her there. kim is a registered rescue if that helps and can provide you with the numbers needed.
please, please, please can you help us? you may very well be the last resort for my sweet girl!
thanking you in advance for any and all help,
dana hidalgo

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: need help in norcal going to salt lake city

Post by deeogee1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi Dana,
Sorry for a delayed response~~have you found transport yet?

I see you have already posted it on the board. If not, have you tried contacting pilots along the route? Go to your request and at the top click on the orange More Mapping Options. This opens a page where you can choose the option to Display Map of Pilots . By clicking on any plane, that pilot's info box pops up and then you can access their profile & send them an email through PNP. (Copying & pasting works best here since the more pilots you contact, the better your chances are of filling the transport).
Or go to this post for more information. http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/faq.php?mode=rescue

Joanne
deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

curly4dana

Post by curly4dana » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:20 am

Thank you so much for your help. We have found a ride for Nora and she is currently in her new home outside of Salt Lake City! I'm not sure how to remove a post, but y'all can take this down at any time.
Thank you all so much for any and all help!!
dana hidalgo dobermann

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Dana,
I'm happy you got Nora safely to her new home. Please go to your transport request on the ride board and hit the "edit" button at the top right side of the page. Then you will see 3 choices at the top : None; a green box labeled Done & a red box labeled Cancel. Mark the Done box & click the submit button.
The monitor will eventually move your post to the completed transport archive.
Thank you