Transport from GSO, NC to Richmond, VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Findinggreathomes

Transport from GSO, NC to Richmond, VA

Post by Findinggreathomes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Pumpkin, Female Miniature Schnauzer, 15 lbs, 3 years of age
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Spayed
Special needs: N/A
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Robin Manley, Finding Great Homes Rescue, 336-414-1373 [email protected]
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Kelley + Brian Smith 804-739-1284 or 419-377-0698 [email protected]
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):
Are you a 501c3:
Additional Info/situation: Pumpkin is ready to fly as soon as we have a pilot willing to take her to Richmond. Thank you for your help in flying Pumpkin to her new home. We are hoping to fly Pumpkin on Friday, Dec. 28 or Sat. Dec. 29 however if there is an available Pilot, the family is flexible and will follow the pilot's schedule. Thank you for helping to get another dog to a great home.
Last edited by Findinggreathomes on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbwicker

Re: Transport from GSO, NC to Richmond, VA

Post by mbwicker » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 am

Hi Robin,

I can do this transport for you:). Please email me at [email protected] and we wil work out the details.

Thanks,
MaryBeth

Jon Wells
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Jon Wells » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 am

Robin, it's Jon....let me look at this one...sounds like a perfect mission. Can't go Thursday (tomorrow) though, eh? I have an Angel Flight in the morning, and than I could come back to GSO and take the dog to RIC, and then back to RDU and take the Angel Flight in the afternoon back home. Or, if you want Mary Beth to do it on Friday or Satuday, either way, let me know.

JW
N3307R
JW
N3307R Cessna 182
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)- CFI/CFII/MEI/CFI-G

Jon Wells

Post by Jon Wells » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Robin, looks like the best airport for this one is Chesterfield County (FCI), as that is closest to Midlothian, VA. Let me know what you want to do and if tomorrow will work or not. If not, I probably can't help right away on this one and maybe Mary Beth can.

JW
N3307R
JW
N3307R Cessna 182

mbwicker

Post by mbwicker » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:55 am

Hi all,

I am available tomorrow (Thurs) also if that helps.

MaryBeth

drklain

Post by drklain » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:32 pm

I could do this one on Friday as well...

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi Mary Beth and Jon
I have a call into the family who is adopting Pumpkin. They have a family event tomorrow night but i believe if we can fly the dog to her during the day, this is a non issue. Initially they were concerned about leaving the dog home alone while they went to this event. But I told them if they crated the dog, all would be fine for the two hours they would be gone.

I have a volunteer named Erica, phone number 828-691-0667 who will be bringing Pumpkin to Landmark Aviation for me (Or Atlantic Aero). So please let me know if you want to shoot for Thursday during the day or Friday and I will put you all in touch together. Thank you so much for agreeing to fly Pumpkin to her new home. I appreciate you.

Jon Wells

Post by Jon Wells » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Mary Beth, looks like this one is yours...have fun.

JW
N3307R
JW
N3307R Cessna 182

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:46 pm

To confirm, Mary Beth, Erica is going to meet you at Landmark Aviation with Pumpkin tomorrow am at 10 am. Erica is a great volunteer at the rescue and she is looking forward to being a part of this. Thank you so much.

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 am

Mary Beth had to cancel the flight scheduled for today due to the winds. If there is a pilot available for Friday or Saturday of this weekend, we would welcome the help! Please call Erica at 828-691-0667, my volunteer who will be bringing the Miniature Schnauzer to the airport or Robin Manley at 336-414-1373 if you can help us. Thank you very much.