Mom & pups need saved from freezing to death. Need ride 1/11

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Mistnstone

Mom & pups need saved from freezing to death. Need ride 1/11

Post by Mistnstone » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 am

Number of animals being transported: 9
Breeds, weight, age: Lab mix mom 40lbs, about 2-3 years 8 puppies, 8-10 lbs each 9 weeks old
Health Condition: okay-currently out in the cold with no protection
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: yes,
Health Certificate: yes,
Spay/Neutered: will be done through rescue
Special needs: n/a None that we are aware of at this time
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Pam Upton, fostering them for us until transport
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Mist`nstone Lab rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Email: [email protected], Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MistnSton ... ts&fref=ts
Are you a 501c3: no
Additional Info/situation: This mom and pups is being housed outside in the cold with no protection, no straw and all are in danger. We have a foster who is going to remove them at the Owner's request but can ONLY HOLD THEM TEMPORARILY.

We will have them vetted in the next week, and get them ready to fly out of Beckely airport KBKW. We have been unable to get a ground transport from there so far, so we are hoping for a decent day and a flight. We can most likely fly at your convenience AFTER they are vetted some point after Jan 5 or 6th. Will update as available. They are coming into the Allegheny Airport KAGC in West Mifflin, Pa

They have NOWHERE else to go. There were 13 puppies, sadly they let some freeze to death. We are desperate to get the rest up here to the rescue
Last edited by Mistnstone on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

drklain

Re: Mom & pups need saved from freezing to death. Need ride

Post by drklain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 am

I should be able to cover this transport for you. With that many dogs, will they be in carriers of some sort? Email me at Dave @ Klain . Net.

Mistnstone

Post by Mistnstone » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 pm

drklain wrote:I should be able to cover this transport for you. With that many dogs, will they be in carriers of some sort? Email me at Dave @ Klain . Net.

Thank you!

Let me find out if we can acquire some crates. Where are you located? MANASSAS? I'll see if we can beg borrow or buy some.

I will know more tomorrow and will email you.

thanks again :)

drklain

Post by drklain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Stay in touch. I'm thinking next Saturday would work. If you can't come up with crates, we may be able to put a leash on Mom and just put out some boxes/blankets for the pups or something...

sshoop
Zip Code: 22066
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sshoop » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:14 pm

I have a couple of crates you can borrow, Dave.
Steve
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U - IFR
Leesburg, VA (KJYO)

drklain

Post by drklain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks Steve. If this ends up happening will drop you a note if you want to come along!

Dave

drklain

Post by drklain » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Any word on the transport?

Mistnstone

Post by Mistnstone » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:50 pm

For some reason we aren't being notified of additional messages being posted. We all either have the flu or Pneumonia here, but we are still working this as we can. Pups have a vet appointment this week and transport is still on. Will have more details Sunday after our meeting.

sorry guys.. this new flu bug has really kicked my butt. Ill try to do better on posting info, my apologies

drklain

Post by drklain » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:09 pm

We'll wait to hear when you think the pups are available and then hopefully be able to make it work. Please post an email or PM us with details.

Dave

Bbarrere

Post by Bbarrere » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Dave et al, I am based out of Manassas also, we have a small and medium sized crate you can borrow for this trip. Let me know.