Second attempt! Please help. Need to fill 2nd & 3rd legs!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
karonstewart
Zip Code: 44321
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Second attempt! Please help. Need to fill 2nd & 3rd leg

Post by karonstewart » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi all!
Let me take a guess at what I have as some of you use airport codes that I am looking up (and maybe making an error). I have a pilot that emailed me privately that can pick up the pooch on Monday or Tuesday and fly him to Morristown, TN or thereabouts. Then there is Andy, Frank and Bill (Hi, Bill! Glad to see your offer!). Unfortunately, Andy and Frank are using airport codes that I'm not familiar with so...please...help me out.

Jon Wells
Pilot?: Yes

Post by Jon Wells » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Karen,

Go to www.airnav.com. This site, you can open the "Airport" tab and put in the identifier, and it will give you all the information you need about a particular airport (address, phone number, etc).

JW
N3307R
JW
N3307R Cessna 182
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)- CFI/CFII/MEI/CFI-G

karonstewart

Post by karonstewart » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 am

Thanks,Jon. I appreciate the help.

I have asked the first leg pilot to jump in on this thread. Her name is Nancy McEntee, PhD, [email protected], who is based south of Knoxville. She has offered to pick up the dog around Chattanooga or Rossville and fly to Morristown, TN (or thereabouts).

I am waiting for confirmation from sending and receiving parties on their available times.

Karon

nanflys

Post by nanflys » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 am

I will do the first leg, from GA to Morristown. Tomorrow is a CAVU day to fly, but it looks like we are going with Tuesday (8th). Karon can coordinate the overall flight. I can be reached at 865-856-3720 or [email protected]. I fly out of a mt. grass strip that often is foggy in early hours. To get this ball rolling, I offer to meet pilot #2 in Morristown (MOR) at 11:30a.m. (weather permitting). Karon, tell the clinic that is holding this dog that I can meet them at Collegedale (3M3, first choice) or Dalton, GA (DNN, second choice) at 9:30-10:00. If we need to, I can fly to GA tomorrow, pick up Prince, and deliver him to MOR on Tuesday. I need phone # of clinic rep please. Thanks,
Nancy

axmckev

Post by axmckev » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:44 am

DC airspace... something I've still avoided for the past... since ever!

Looks like we might handoff then. as I'll could be flying 250nm. That leaves 250nm one way though... We should be able to divide this flight up and work this out.

Andy
Tn87

nanflys

Post by nanflys » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm

As pilot#1, I have arranged to pick up Prince at 9:30 in Athens, TN (MNI). And without headwinds etc, I expect to be in Bristol, Tn (TRI) at 11:00a.m. Frank (pilot#2) and I have exchanged contact information, as have Jeannie in Athens and I. All set at this end....now pray for super weather!

wcurtis10

Post by wcurtis10 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 am

I looked this up looks like we pick up at KLKU and the best would be to drop off at Leesburg and have them drive to Leesburg and pick up dog at my house and time they wanted. I could also fly to Gaithersburg or Fredrick but then we would need to coordinate a time and both airports are a drive from Randallstown
Bill

wcurtis10

Post by wcurtis10 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 am

OK I am Pilot #3
I can pick up at KLKU Louisa Co airport and take to one of 3 airoprts in MD -- where ever Heidi thinks best.
My contact information is below.

I would like the aircraft numbers and cell phones so we can stay in touch.

Bill

nanflys

Post by nanflys » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:34 am

Pilot #1...Nancy......tail # 9814T Cessna 172....cell # 865-208-2573

karonstewart

Post by karonstewart » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Thank you all three pilots!! I sent out an "intro" letter with everyone's contact information on it and it looks like ya'll are ready to go. I will be following you on FlightAware.

I will mark this flight DONE tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it by doing it early (today).

Karon