Birmingham, AL to Berlin, NJ Dog with Broken Leg

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Treasuredk9s

Birmingham, AL to Berlin, NJ Dog with Broken Leg

Post by Treasuredk9s » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Homer's Reindeer.jpg
Homer
Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: 2 Yr old Male Jindo approx. 35 lbs
Health Condition: Fractured front leg. Healing after orthopedic surgery and still in cast.
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: Can Obtain
Spay/Neutered: Yes
Special needs: Needs to be kept calm to avoid re-injuring the leg. Dog is sweet and friendly, but a bit weary of men.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Sunny Chung
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Andrew Rihn
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Kristen Edmonds President, Treasured k9s [email protected] 347-292-9803
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: Alternate airports possible: Teterboro, NJ 07608 - Homer, a Jindo who broke his leg climbing the fence in his backyard. The owners did not want to pay for surgery and they were tired of the neighbors complaining about him barking, so they planned to take him to the shelter; with the broken leg! Thankfully, the veterinarian stepped in to temporarily keep him until rescue could be found. The break was worse than expected; Homer needed an orthopedic surgeon and a place to recover. Treasured k9s specializes in rescuing Jindos but we are based in the NYC area. We found an adopter for him in Southern NJ and he needs to get into his home as soon as possible. His foster home in AL is only temporary. Jindos are a rare breed from Korea and Treasured k9s is the only rescue specializing in the breed East of Nevada.
Last edited by Treasuredk9s on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawyerlawn
Zip Code: 08731
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMJX
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Birmingham, AL to Berlin, NJ Dog with Broken Leg

Post by Lawyerlawn » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:44 pm

I could do a last leg from perhaps Richmond or thereabouts to NJ

Treasuredk9s

Post by Treasuredk9s » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 am

Thank you! We can also do an alternate route from Atlanta, GA to Teterboro, NJ. This is the first time our rescue has needed to do a long distance transport using Pilots N Paws and I'm not certain how to coordinate the segments. Thanks for offering to help.

pogo929

Post by pogo929 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm

I am just north of atlanta, ga and could help with a leg of the trip.
VFR and weekends only.

Treasuredk9s

Post by Treasuredk9s » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Angelo, thank you very, very much. Is there an airport near you that you would prefer to use? My foster can drive to Atlanta and meet a pilot. How many legs do you both think this will take? This is my first PNP trip so I'm trying to learn everything. What does VFR stand for?

Thank you,
Kristen

pogo929

Post by pogo929 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:24 pm

I fly out of cartersville, ga. VFR mean I can only fly in good weather under visual flight rules. I rent so let me see how far north I can get the pup without breaking the bank. I'll get back to you on how far I can get him. May need one more pilot if I can get half way to Richmond then the other can fly the 2nd leg to need the 3rd pilot in Richmond.

pogo929

Post by pogo929 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm thinking about half way to about statesville or Lincolnton North Carolina. Maybe we can find a pilot from there to Richmond. Wish I could help more, but renting can get expensive.

mbwicker

Post by mbwicker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:15 pm

I can do Statesville or Lincolnton to Richmond, VA. (KFCI).
When is this transport scheduled?

Thanks,
MaryBeth
[email protected]

Treasuredk9s

Post by Treasuredk9s » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Thank You! So far, we haven't set a date. Weekends are best on our end. Ideally, we need to get the dog to his home sooner rather than later. It all depends on all of your schedules. I assume this weekend is too short notice? If so, what about next weekend?

Kristen Edmonds
President, Treasured k9s

Treasuredk9s

Post by Treasuredk9s » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Thank You! So far, we haven't set a date. Weekends are best on our end. Ideally, we need to get the dog to his home sooner rather than later. It all depends on all of your schedules. I assume this weekend is too short notice? If so, what about next weekend?

Kristen Edmonds
President, Treasured k9s