DONE Ashland KY41101 to Rochester NY 14614 -

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ashlandanimalrescue

DONE Ashland KY41101 to Rochester NY 14614 -

Post by ashlandanimalrescue » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi!
I have a beautiful, sweet pittie in Boyd County Ky's Pound. I need to get her to her foster home in Rochester NY. As you can guesss, the less transfers between people the better - it stresses the momma less. This is why a flight would be ideal for Sunday Rose and her four lovely pups. They were born today - at the pound. I have pics of her that I can forward....
If anyone can help, please call me at 513-300-1365 or 513-474-1160 and I can answer any questions.
Thanks! Amy Fogelman (AARF - Ashland Animal Rescue Fund)

[map:41101-14614]6854[/map]
Last edited by ashlandanimalrescue on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: URGENT - Ashland KY to Rochester NY - new momma

Post by admin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 pm

ashlandanimalrescue wrote:Hi!
I have a beautiful, sweet pittie in Boyd County Ky's Pound. I need to get her to her foster home in Rochester NY. As you can guesss, the less transfers between people the better - it stresses the momma less. This is why a flight would be ideal for Sunday Rose and her four lovely pups. They were born today - at the pound. I have pics of her that I can forward....
If anyone can help, please call me at 513-300-1365 or 513-474-1160 and I can answer any questions.
Thanks! Amy Fogelman (AARF - Ashland Animal Rescue Fund)
Hi Amy,

Thank you for helping this mama and her pups. I would advise checking with your vet regarding flying young puppies. There may be a time requirement before they are permitted to fly due to pressure changes. I have heard others mention 3-4 weeks but please check with your veterinarian for their advice. I would also recommend putting the zip codes for these two cities in your subject line please.

Thank you
Debi

ashlandanimalrescue

Re: URGENT - Ashland KY to Rochester NY - new momma

Post by ashlandanimalrescue » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:39 am

Hi !

I called my vet, as it didn't even cross my mind that pups would need special arrangements...my doc saw no problem with them flying. I am open to any other experiences with this. I have never moved a mom and her young pups this far before....
Thanks so much! amy