Completed***17 lb. dog from San Diego to Phoenix

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
angelmerritt

Completed***17 lb. dog from San Diego to Phoenix

Post by angelmerritt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm

** mission completed ** Much thanks to the pilot for taking this little one. Safely landed on Monday evening.

Number of animals being transported: one
Breeds, weight, age: Pomeranian/American Eskimo Mix, 17 lbs, almost 2 yrs old.
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Rabies, DHLPP, Bordatella, all done just last month.
Health Certificate: Will get this as soon as plans begin to surface and the date is near.
Spay/Neutered: Yes, neutered
Special needs: Don't let him jump, he has bad knees. Otherwise a fantastic, sweet little lad.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Angel Merritt (foster mom and transport coordinator)
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Joy Corey-Fite (foster mom who will rehab this baby after knee surgery)
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Angel Merritt (904) 536-0033 [email protected]

Are you a 501c3: Yes, Eskie Rescuers United
Additional Info/situation: This stray was saved from the shelter. He has grade III Luxating Patella and partially torn ACL on his right side and grade 1 Luxating Patella and torn ACL on the left side. We have gotten many quotes for his surgical repairs and found a highly respected surgeon who will give our rescue a large discount in Phoenix. Joy has agreed to take this baby in as he recovers from his surgery.
Attachments
Skippy shelter pic.jpg
Shelter pic.
Skippy shelter pic.jpg (15.98 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Last edited by angelmerritt on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRide

Re: 17 lb. dog from San Diego to Phoenix

Post by MaxRide » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:38 pm

When were you looking to transport? Seems like an easy jump from San Diego to Pheonix.

Motoair

Post by Motoair » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:42 pm

I plan to fly from McClellan Palomar Airport (kCRQ) to Chandler Airport (KCHD) on Monday or Tuesday (Jan 14 or 15). .

If I can help I would be glad to provide transport. I do not have a crate but can make room on my aircraft for one.

Thanks,

John

angelmerritt

Post by angelmerritt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Wow, these are fantastic offers in such short time. I will need to get in to the vet on Monday for the health certificate. Knowing that many times Monday's are booked up at the vet after the weekends, I'm not sure how quick I can get him in. KCRQ is 45 min drive north, so that would have to be calculated into the schedule too. I would say either Monday afternoon or Tuesday would be safe bets on how soon I could get him ready and delivered on time. I would be so grateful for your this opportunity to send this little guy to the surgeon and long term foster home.

Yes, I can provide the crate.

MaxRide

Post by MaxRide » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:35 am

Sounds like Motoair was already heading in that direction. If anything falls through feel free to PM/phone me as a back-up plan.

I am a VFR (fair weather) pilot, so if Motoair can't fly due to weather, I'll be stuck on the ground as well.

angelmerritt

Post by angelmerritt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks MaxAir, I will keep you in mind as backup!