6 PUPPIES need transport Little Rock to Louisville on Jan 26

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
paigepetro

6 PUPPIES need transport Little Rock to Louisville on Jan 26

Post by paigepetro » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Number of animals being transported: 6 puppies
Breeds, weight, age: Mixed pointer/lab, 7 weeks old, 7-9 lbs.
Health Condition: healthy
Heart worm Status:negative
Vaccinations:will be done on Jan 19
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered:no
Special needs:no
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties - Paige Petro
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties:Becky Gardner with Kyle's New Hope Animal Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):Paige Petro cell 972-742-9481 OR [email protected]
Are you a 501c3:yes
Additional Info/situation: The six puppies can all go in one crate. The receiving party can pick up in other cities such as: Dayton, Lexington, Louisville, Indianapolis, or other surrounding cities of Cincinnati.
Last edited by paigepetro on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jcwatter

Re: 6 PUPPIES need transport from Dallas to Cincinnati on Ja

Post by jcwatter » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm based in indianapolis and would love to help fly a leg. Please keep me posted. I could do Indy to Cincy or southwest indiana to Cincy.

darrel99
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by darrel99 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Paige,
What is driving the Jan 26 requirement? That's a pretty long transport and trying to accomplish the whole thing on one specific day is a significant challenge. That is especially true given the weather along that route will often make at least one segment hard to accomplish this time of year. If the dates are somewhat flexible or if there is a chance to get a foster for a short period along the route, I think your chances will improve.

I am willing to try and help. I could probably pick them up in the DFW area (Is Mid Way Airport preferred? or what area of the Metroplex?) and take them as far as Hot Springs or Little Rock.

Hopefully, others can fill in the rest of the legs.
-Darrel

p.s. - I met you and flew "Blizzard" to Oklahoma City recently. Have you heard how he's doing?

paigepetro

Post by paigepetro » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi Darrel-I've never put one of these together. If you could fly to Little Rock then do you think we could find someone that day to fly from there to Louisville or is that too far? The receiving party is willing to drive a few hours from Cincinnati if there is something else in Kentucky or Indiana. The reason for the 26th is that I have to go out of town for work for 2 weeks and have no one to watch them and don't want to have to board them at the vet. I can drop off at any airport in the DFW area. I will check on Blizzard for you!

darrel99
Pilot?: No

Post by darrel99 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Anyone willing to sign up for Little Rock to Louisville, or somewhere up that way? Or if they can get to the Evansville area, then maybe "jcwatter" would be able to get them them rest of the way to Cincinnati?

Any rescues have or know of fosters along the route that might be able to hold the puppies if conditions won't let us go all the way on the 26th?
-Darrel

8324T
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSUS
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 8324T » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 am

If they came through St . Louis I could get them to Indy.
Mike
8324T
Mike McGrath - IFR
Piper Saratoga - N8324T
Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS)

Lpyoung

Post by Lpyoung » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:47 am

I'm based in Lexington (KLEX). Little Rock is too far for me to fly but I could pick them up in the Nashville/Fort Campbell area if someone can get them there.

paigepetro

Post by paigepetro » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm

We need someone to fly from Little Rock to Louisville? Can anyone help with that? The receiving party is willing to drive and pick up in Louisville! That would only make the puppies be on 2 plane rides.

barcdawgg06
Pilot?: Yes

Re: 6 PUPPIES need transport Little Rock to Louisville on Ja

Post by barcdawgg06 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 pm

I am free on the 26th to do little rock to the fort Campbell area and accomplish link up with the folks out of Lexington who can take the dogs the dogs onward. I am also free earlier on the 20th or 21st if need be.

Mac

paigepetro

Re: 6 PUPPIES need transport Little Rock to Louisville on Ja

Post by paigepetro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:23 am

Thank you for all the responses! So it looks like Darrel can fly them from DFW to Little Rock then Mac can fly them from Little Rock to Fort Campbell I think I can get Becky to drive to Fort Campbell to pick them up. This is all for Saturday, January 26. Darrel and Mac can you reply with your email address and we will continue coordinating that way. Thank you so much!

Darrel-Blizzard is with his foster Mom in Indiana, said he's doing great!
Wondering if I could fly with you to Little Rock so if there is bad weather and they couldn't fly on, I could rent a car and meet Becky then I could take a commercial flight home. Just a thought..we can discuss over email.