Help this little cutie basset get from NC to NY on 2/2

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
msankaran
Zip Code: 14226
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KIAG
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: Help this little cutie basset get from NC to NY on 2/2

Post by msankaran » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:08 am

How about doing the transport tomorrow? The weather looks pretty good, with a high pressure system sitting over most of the area. I was supposed to have a PnP flight tomorrow, but if that doesn't happen, I would be available.
Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

cmasiero
Zip Code: 34787
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KISM

Post by cmasiero » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 am

I am on board for tomorrow, flying (commercial this morning home). Will check WX this aft.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:41 am

Hi Everyone,

I so wish we could get this done tomorrow but little Polly still needs to get her health cert (and she is planning to get this done next week). If theres a plan still for 2/2 (weather permitting), that would be wonderful.

I was also asked this morning by the basset rescue if you all would mind taking another basset along with Polly. I'm waiting on details on this newest one. Just let me know your thoughts!

Take care
Leslie
910-297-7446

msankaran

Post by msankaran » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 am

Leslie,
Isn't there a way to get the health cert on a rush basis today? In the winter one has to take advantage of good weather, especially when it occurs on the weekend, which seems to happen only rarely. The long range forecast doesn't look encouraging for next weekend, though things could change as we get closer to the weekend.
Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:58 am

Hi Mahesh,

I certainly appreciate your message. I encourage folks to get these health certs as soon as possible always because like this, you never know when a quick opportunity is going to come up. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to get this done today. Everyone knows that the flights are weather-permitting, especially this time of year! I also always encourage the groups to work on alternate modes of transportation (via ground) as a Plan B, in case the flights can't take place when we would like for them to.

Thanks so much,
Leslie

cmasiero
Zip Code: 34787
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KISM

Post by cmasiero » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Leslie,

Not an issue to take another dog, please advise both weights.
OK on 2/2 but like Mahesh mentioned, will need to check on weather and availability of the pilot for 2nd leg.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks Everyone! All sounds good.

I'm still waiting to get info on the 2nd basset and will send this to you as soon as I receive it.

Take care,
Leslie

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi Mahesh,

I see that you're based out of IAG. I'm thinking that this airport might be good for the rescue to meet you at. I'll check and let you know.

So everyone, are you thinking that 3 legs will be needed for this trip?

Do we have any legs to fill?

Just want to try to customize my post if we need to just find a middle leg at this point.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Take care,
Leslie

msankaran

Post by msankaran » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

IAG is very convenient for rescues coming from Canada. It seems like we have the three legs covered if mjm351 can do the middle leg. Now we need to hope for good weather.
Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

4kitties

Post by 4kitties » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I heard back from the Basset group today and the other little one was rescued locally, so it will be just Polly on this flight (so far).

Mahesh, I've asked the receiving rescue if he could meet you at IAG and I'm thinking that will work great for him, since hes out of Niagara Falls, I believe.

I've asked the sending party to make sure she has a properly fitted collar,leash and harness for her trip (in addition to current health certificate and medical records). Will you want to crate her and if so, do you all have crates or does the group need to provide one for her? If anyone wants to crate her & you have crates, I will ask for her dimensions so you'll know her size. A photo of her can now be viewed on my post.

I think we're just waiting on confirmation from mjm351 on whether or not they're planning the help with 2nd leg.

Take care!
Leslie