Not Receiving Topic Reply Notices

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
JohnC
Zip Code: 42086
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPAH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Not Receiving Topic Reply Notices

Post by JohnC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 am

A week ago and again the last couple days, I have not been receiving reply notices to my active forum threads. Is the board having problems or under maintenance? This is most inconvienient when I don't receive notices.

:?:

John
--John-- *VFR* :plane:
KPAH
West Paducah, KY

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Re: Not Receiving Topic Reply Notices

Post by admin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi John,

To our knowledge there have been no changes occurring with the software on the forum board. Are you using your comcast email address for your primary PNP address? If so, we have had issues with comcast in the past blocking automatic email notices. I understand that you have been receiving them until lately, but I would double check and make sure that [email protected] is added to your safe list. If it is, and this problem continues, please let us know and I will ask our technical people to look into this further. Thanks for volunteering, we want to make sure you get your messages!

Debi

JohnC
Zip Code: 42086
Airport identifier: KPAH

Post by JohnC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Debi,

It has always worked before and I have changed nothing on my end. Some come thru but hours late and sometimes next day. They are not ending up in a spam folder, I checked that. Will grill comcast tomorrow when I call them. We shall see.
I tend to bookmark my active threads and check them often, so not a big deal, but miss one during planning coordination just complicates things for me. Will let you know.

John
--John-- *VFR* :plane:
KPAH
West Paducah, KY

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 am

JohnC wrote:Debi,
It has always worked before and I have changed nothing on my end. Some come thru but hours late and sometimes next day. They are not ending up in a spam folder, I checked that. Will grill comcast tomorrow when I call them. We shall see.
I tend to bookmark my active threads and check them often, so not a big deal, but miss one during planning coordination just complicates things for me. Will let you know.
John
John, I have asked our tech advisors on this end to look into it. If others are having problems receiving, please do let us know. So far John is the only one who has brought this to our attention. It would be good input to have if others are experiencing the same problem.

Thanks!
Debi

NJpilot52
Zip Code: 08009
Airport identifier: N14
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by NJpilot52 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:13 pm

As of lately I have not been getting any emails from pilots and paws. I am still registered as a volunteer pilot. Is there a problem I am not aware of?
NJpilot52

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Post by mikegreen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi -

AOL rejected your email as invalid recipient on Feb 22nd - once we get a bounce or spam report we stop sending to that email for deliverability/reputation concerns.
550 5.1.1 <******@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com

I removed the block from the address.

Can you add [email protected] to your address book - and, send an email to that address, please? That'll verify everything is in order.

regards,
Mike
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying

NJpilot52
Zip Code: 08009
Airport identifier: N14
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by NJpilot52 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Mike, thanks for your help with the email issues I was having. Hopefully everything is resolved .
Len Badolato
NJPilot52