Completed! 1 Rescued Cat VA to MN

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
QueensCats

Completed! 1 Rescued Cat VA to MN

Post by QueensCats » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:03 am

Route:

Richmond/Dinwiddie/Wakefield, Virginia to St Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota

Legs:

Richmond area, VA to Huntington WV (KHTS) - Still need a pilot
KHTS to KMVN - Pilot found (thank you!)
KMVN to Independence, IA - Pilot found (thank you!)
Independence, IA to St Paul/Minneapolis, MN or KRNH (New Richmond Regional Airport) - Still need a pilot

OR anyone can do a longer leg ...

Story:

Big Boy is a rescued FIV+ cat found in the Richmond area in Virginia. His prior owner was dying and the owner's relatives dumped him to a local high kill shelter. A VA local rescue volunteer found Big Boy at the shelter when she thought it was her lost cat. Unfortunately he was not and the local rescue volunteer did not have the heart to leave him there after learning his story.

Home for Life in Wisconsin (near the Minnesota border) has agreed to take in Big Boy so he could live out the rest of his natural life with proper care and love. Home for Life will pick up Big Boy from the St Paul/Minnesota airport or any nearby airport.

Please email me at [email protected] if you could help either with one leg or the entire trip. Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,
Wilma

[map:23218-55401]6873[/map]
Last edited by QueensCats on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

84Tango

Re: 1 Rescued Cat Richmond area, VA to St Paul/Minneapolis, MN

Post by 84Tango » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Wilma;

I'm a pilot based at Mt. Vernon, IL KMVN. I would be glad to help with about a 300 nm leg of the transport if Big Boy is going to a foster home and not a cage to live out his life.

Please let me know if I can help.

Karen

QueensCats

Post by QueensCats » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:31 am

Hello everyone -

Karen will be taking the leg from Mt. Vernon, IL (KMVN) to Independence, IA. Because the distance between VA and MN is far, the transport will be more than a day with Big Boy staying overnight at Karen's in IL.

So now I am looking for pilots to help flying Big Boy between Richmond area, VA to KMVN (Mt. Vernon, IL) and also from Independence, IA to St Paul/Minneapolis, MN.

Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Wilma
[email protected]

Oliver182

Post by Oliver182 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:18 am

I would suggest making Richmond-Mt. Vernon a two-leg trip. A good halfway point would be Huntington, WV (KHTS).

I can fly the KHTS-KMVN leg. My schedule is pretty flexible, really just depends on the weather.

- Oliver

QueensCats

Post by QueensCats » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi Oliver -

That would be great. Thank you so much.

Hi Everyone -

I now have 2 of the 4 legs. So I am now looking for the other 2 legs:

- From Richmond area, Virgina to KHTS (West Virgina)
- From Independence, Iowa to St Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Of course if anyone can fly directly from the Richmond area, Virgina to KMVN (Mt. Vernon, IL), please let me know although it is a long flight as Oliver pointed out.

Thank you so much for any help anyone can provide. Big Boy is very grateful to have help from generous people like you all.

Wilma
[email protected]

Oliver182

Post by Oliver182 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Did you have a date in mind, or were you going to choose a date based on pilot availability?

I can do Friday this week (12th), or any date from next Weds (17th) onward.

QueensCats

Post by QueensCats » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:24 am

Hi Oliver,

Yes date will be determined by pilot availability. The local caretake is away this week. So the earliest will be next week. Noted your Friday availability. Thank you. Hopefully we will find pilots for the other two legs.

Please send me an email with your contact info. My email address is [email protected]. Once I receive your email, I will forward my and Jackie (the local caretaker) contact info with you.

Talk to you soon.

Wilma

QueensCats

Re: 1 Rescued Cat VA to MN - Need 2 more pilots

Post by QueensCats » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:03 am

Hello Everyone -

Two generous pilots have agreed to fly Big Boy for 2 of the 4 legs. And now Big Boy needs only two more pilots to fly to get to his forever home where he would have a second chance to live out his natural life with proper care and love.

1) Richmond area, VA to Huntington WV (KHTS) - Still need a pilot
2) Independence, IA to St Paul/Minneapolis, MN or KRNH (New Richmond Regional Airport) - Still need a pilot

OR anyone can do a longer leg ...

Or if you work for a cargo company in the VA tri-state area and have routine flight to St Paul/Minneapolis area in MN, please contact me ([email protected]) if you can take on Big Boy with your delivering route.

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance! Big Boy could be at his forever home soon.

Wilma

QueensCats

Re: 1 Rescued Cat VA to MN - Need 2 more pilots

Post by QueensCats » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Hello everyone -

Big Boy now only needs more pilot to complete his journey from VA to MN. Please if anyone can help the VA to WA leg - see below, contact me at [email protected]. Thank you and meow from Big Boy too.

Richmond area, VA to Huntington WV (KHTS) - Still need a pilot!!!!!
KHTS to KMVN - Pilot found (thank you!)
KMVN to Independence, IA - Pilot found (thank you!)
Independence, IA to KRNH (New Richmond Regional Airport) - Pilot found (thank you!)

Wilma

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 1 Rescued Cat VA to MN - Only 1 pilot needed VA to WV leg

Post by mchutto » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:46 pm

When is this flight scheduled? I might be able to make the VA to WV leg. Sunday is a no go because it is Father's day.

mchutto