DONE: PUPPIES!..Knoxville, TN to Schenectady, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lorene

DONE: PUPPIES!..Knoxville, TN to Schenectady, NY

Post by lorene » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Number of animals being transported: up to 10 puppies
Breeds, weight, age: Husky, Golde, Aussie, Hound, Lab/Terrier, Rottie, Terrier, Shephard; 8-15 lbs each; 7-10 weeks old
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: N/A
Vaccinations: age appropriate UTD
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Some of the younger/smaller ones will be altered on by the receiving rescue.
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Homeward Bound Dog Rescue, South
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Homeward Bound Dog Rescue, http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NY480.html
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Lorene, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving rescue is a 501c3
Additional Info/situation: This mission will likely require 3-4 pilots. Transfer points could be Blacksburg, VA, Shennandoah Valley, VA, Carlisle, PA, Frederick, MD, Hagerstown, MD, Reading, PA, Allentown, PA. Also, staring airport could be farther east: Morristown, TN, Kingsport, TN, etc. The best day for weather next weekend looks to be Sunday, Feb. 17. Friday, Feb. 15 or Monday, Feb. 18 look pretty good right now too. Snow is forecast for much of the route for Sat. Feb. 16. Of course, it is still way early to tell about the weather right now (Sun, Feb. 10). If you can help, but can't carry 10 puppies, please let me know how many you can carry. We don't need to send them all on this trip. They will need to travel in crates.
Last edited by lorene on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ccaserto
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: PUPPIES!..Knoxville, TN to Schenectady, NY

Post by ccaserto » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 am

I'm available that Monday from 10a-5p. DKX to BSB or somewhere around Kingsport or KY.
Chris Caserto
Commercial Pilot-IFR

lorene

Post by lorene » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks, Chris! I'll check with some other pilots to see if they can fly on Monday. Did you mean BCB? Right now Monday, Feb. 18 weather looks like a nice day for this. If Monday there probably won't be 10 puppies. Maybe 5.

ccaserto

Post by ccaserto » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah sorry, I meant BCB, Blacksburg. Or somewhere in northern tennesse or mid to souther Kentucky. I was looking at the cargo area the other day and it looks like I can get one medium to large crate in there. Don't know how these things are usually done so I'm kinda playing it by ear as far as how many and what size dogs I can fit.
Chris Caserto
Commercial Pilot-IFR

lorene

Post by lorene » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks, Chris. I just send a direct note out to some PNP pilots pointing them to this post. Regarding crates, this rescue can send some soft crates that will work well, so should be fine. They will work with you on that. Let's hope some more pilots can help with the rest of the route, so these puppies can get on their way to their rescue and homes.

ccaserto

Post by ccaserto » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 am

Sounds good
Chris Caserto
Commercial Pilot-IFR

j1mbrewer
Zip Code: 34219
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSRQ

Post by j1mbrewer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 am

Since I live in Schenectady, I should see what I can do for this transport. Of course, hard to resist puppies, and, I have Moday off from work.
An airport in the vicinity of Wilkes-Barre (KAVP or nearby) would be a good distance.

Jim B.

lorene

Post by lorene » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Jim B.,

I have an offer from a pilot who can cover FDK to Reading, PA. Could you pick up in Reading and take them on to Schenectady. Weather permitting, of course.

Lorene

PCB

Post by PCB » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Lorene,

If there are any who can fly Sunday (weather permitting), I could do Knoxville to BCB Blacksburg and take all 10, have 2 large crates and 2 mediums, one small, if some of them can ride in same crate.

Paul Bale,
Louisville, TN

lorene

Post by lorene » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks, Paul. This one MAY be filled for Monday with 4 pilots, and the weather still looks best for that day. One of the 4 pilots can fly on Sunday instead. For now looks good for Monday.