McMinnville, OR to Blaine, WA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
LindaWatkins

McMinnville, OR to Blaine, WA

Post by LindaWatkins » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 am

Number of animals being transported: one
Breeds, weight, age: Australian cattle dog/ 45-50 lb./4 years old
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: neg.
Vaccinations: all
Health Certificate: N/A
Spay/Neutered: spayed
Special needs: N/A
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Aust. Cattle Dog Rescue, Inc. (ACDRI)/Linda Watkins
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Sheryl Klemovich - adopter
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]/208-484-2534 (DO NOT TEXT!)
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: Weather permitting, we'd love to do this transport this weekend, she arrives at my place Friday evening - I can meet at any airport nearby: McMinnville, Newberg, Aurora, Hillsboro, etc.

Wendy was pulled from a high kill shelter in Pomona, CA on her last day alive. She's headed to her new home with one of my previous adopters in Abbotsford, BC. She was someone's "service dog" but found roaming loose; when family was contacted via microchip, they said they weren't interested in having her back; they'd already "replaced" her. Confirmed adopter has a dog she got from me about 4 years ago; Pismo lost his partner to old age and is ready for a new gal-pal. We'd like to get her up there ASAP

Paul H
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVUO
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: McMinnville, OR to Blaine, WA

Post by Paul H » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 pm

I could do this but the weather this weekend doesn't look very promising. Early next week looks better right now. I'll give you a call.

Paul Henderson 360.901.3748

michaelwilliams93
Zip Code: 95404
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSTS

Post by michaelwilliams93 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm a PnP pilot based in Bellingham, WA. The weather this weekend will NOT be flying friendly, BUT I'll be driving to Seattle on Sunday, with a return to Bellingham Sunday afternoon. If you have a pilot (or ground transport) from McMinnville, OR to the Seattle area, I could pick up Wendy and drive her to a meeting location in the US near the Canadian border (Lynden, Blaine, Sumas, etc) for transfer to the new adopter. My email is: [email protected]. I hope this works out for Wendy.

kvls08
Zip Code: 98006
Airport identifier: KBFI
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by kvls08 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 pm

I am based at BFI and will be at HIO on March 13 returning north. If she is till in McMinneville then I will give her a lift. Karl Leaverton 206-250-9700

michaelwilliams93

Post by michaelwilliams93 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:57 pm

If kvls08 does a McMinnville to BFI transport on 3/13, I could arrange to pickup at Boeing field, Seattle for a final leg to Blaine or Bellingham on that afternoon/evening. Also still available Sunday to drive the final leg if transport to Seattle area is arranged this weekend. Michael O'Shea, Bellingham (206) 931-1200.

LindaWatkins

Post by LindaWatkins » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Thank you all - Mike - I'll see if I can get her a ride to Seattle on Saturday - I was afraid the weather wouldn't cooperate, but hope springs eternal!

LindaWatkins

Post by LindaWatkins » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Thank you Paul - I'll see what I can find out from adopter on what days she can come down & pick Wendy up.

Really appreciate you all.

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Linda -- Keep me posted. Monday morning looks best for weather. The freezing temps are low enough Sunday where I would be concerned about ice going IFR. You can reach me at 360.901.3748 or [email protected].

Paul Henderson

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 pm

OR....If Michael O'Shea is still willing to pick up at BFI on Sunday afternoon, that looks doable as well.

Paul Henderson

michaelwilliams93

Post by michaelwilliams93 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm still planning on being in Kirkland, WA (Seattle) Sunday from about Noon to 3. Could give Wendy a road trip to Bellingham Sunday late afternoon if still needed. Can be flexible and "last minute"....here's cell number: 206-931-1200. Just remind receiving party they'll need to be in possession of her shot record to cross border.

Michael O'Shea
Bellingham