2nd Attempt:Scared dog needs ride to her permanent sanctuary

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
decodog

2nd Attempt:Scared dog needs ride to her permanent sanctuary

Post by decodog » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: German Shepherd mix, 48 lb, 2 yr
Health Condition: healthy
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: current
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: yes
Special needs: yes, unsocialized, but non-aggressive
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Home For Life
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: yes, receiving sanctuary
Additional Info/situation: Ginger was rescued form a kill shelter with her 6 week old puppies right before they were all to be euthanized last fall. The puppies all found homes, but Ginger is not adoptable because she is unsocialized and cannot be rehabilitated to be adopted. She has been waiting at the animal hospital for 6 months and now has a permanent sanctuary to live at for the rest of her life. Please help get her home. She will come with her own plastic airline kennel so that she will not have to be moved from kennel to kennel. It measues 36L 24W 26H. If that kennel is too large, I also have a wire crate that is 30L 21 1/2 W 24H. I'm in Trenton, MO and can drive her to the Des Moines, IA area to help with some miles.
Last edited by decodog on Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

scox
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Scared dog needs ride to her permanent sanctuary

Post by scox » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:17 pm

I am not sure if it helps, but I would be able to transport from Trenton to Kansas City.. If it helps get you some more options with transport up north?

decodog

Post by decodog » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Thank-you, I will certainly keep that in mind. As of now, I am able to drive her at least 100 miles to get her on a flight.

kamijeff
Zip Code: 52302
Airport identifier: C17
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by kamijeff » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:11 am

I am based in Marion, IA, and may be able to fly her from there up to New Richmond. Just had a couple questions about how "unsocialized" she is, and how big the kennel that you planned to provide is. If you could provide exact dimensions of the kennel that would be helpful. If that does not fit in my aircraft, I can either have her in a folding crate that I own or let her sit in the back seat. Not sure which would be best for her temperament.

decodog

Post by decodog » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:52 am

Sorry, I forgot to post the kennel measurements, it is: 36L 24W 26H. She is too unsocialized to move from crate to crate and will need to be in a crate for transport. She needs to be loaded here and stay in this crate till she arrives at the sanctuary. She is not an aggressive dog, just does not undertand human companionship. Thank-you.

kamijeff
Zip Code: 52302
Airport identifier: C17
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by kamijeff » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:23 pm

I should be able to obtain a similar sized crate and check to ensure it will fit in my plane. Are there particular days you are looking at?

decodog

Post by decodog » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:36 pm

March 30th would work best if that works for you or April 6th is workable. Mapquest shows you to be 4 1/2 hrs from me, so once you know that you can do the flight, I will see if I can find a pilot in the Des Moines area to do a flight leg to you. Thank-you.

decodog

Post by decodog » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Oh, I would also need to confirm with the receiving sanctuary on the transport day once I know when you are available...thanks.

decodog

Post by decodog » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Hey kamijeff, I checked and I do have a wire crate that I think is a little smaller that we could use if the plastic one won't fit. I will measure it tomorrow. If you are available this Sat the 30th, then please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will reply and include the receiving sanctuary to make sure everything works on their end as well...thanks Joan.

decodog

Post by decodog » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:50 pm

The wire crate dimensions are 21 1/2 W 30L 24H.