2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
robertam
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 40502
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 3 Advisors here to help

Post by robertam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 pm

You would need to check with MA regarding their regulations. Animals traveling interstate must have a health certificate.So, for example, if the dog is departing from NH and that pilot is meeting another pilot in MA to give him/her the dog for the next leg of the transport MA to where ever, then the dog is traveling interstate and at the minimum must have a health certificate. I'm not aware of any quarantine requirements for interstate travel with animals. With international travel there often is.

Hope this helps!

Roberta
PNP Advisor
Roberta Harding
PNP Transport Advisor
Kentucky Animal Relief Fund, Inc.
Lexington, KY
e-mail: [email protected]
cell: 859-338-3470

Barbara K

Post by Barbara K » Tue May 14, 2013 12:41 am

I'm Barbara Kam with the Kerry Blue Terrier Foundation. We have a KBT Rescue we are moving to PHX and we're looking for options. We can fly him ORDJWA this weekend but need transport JWAPHX. UA & DL have embargoes due to PHX temps so we're wondering if there's a possibility of moving him via Pilots n Paws for the final leg. This will be our first efforts to make use of your wonderful group.
Thanks,
Barbara
[email protected]

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:57 am

Hi Barbara,
Certainly you can try to fill the last leg through PNP. It may require having someone there who can get the dog to the pilot.
But first you need to post your request in the proper place.

On the Board Index Page, where you found this forum, you will also see a forum titled:
Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport.
1. Click on that forum and open it.
2. On upper left of page you will see NEW TOPIC, click on that because your request is new.
3. Have sending and receiving zip codes on hand along with all the pertinent information about the animals and contacts
4. Fill in the subject line, zip codes, answer ALL the pre-launched questions in the form
5. Scroll down and click on Submit, your request is now posted.

You can log in and check your request every day on the board buy clicking on and opening your post and looking for any replies from pilots. You can aso receive an automated email if anyone at all replies to any of your posts. You can read that email and follow the instructions their, clicking on the link they provide for you to take you directly to the message. To sign up for automated notification, mark the "notify me when a reply is posted" in the blue option box below before submitting your request.
Hope this helps you get started.

Joanne

Kathryn3224

Post by Kathryn3224 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:04 pm

I am with URRKN, The Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty network and Jim Stephens is messaging us that he has a stranded kitty! Can someone please contact me if this is the case and we can offer assistance! Thanks, Kathryn Miko, Director of Screening URRKN

kennelrat

Post by kennelrat » Fri May 31, 2013 4:15 pm

I am Shelter Manager at the Idaho Humane Society. About 6 weeks ago we took in 64 Pitbulls from a fighting/breeding triple murder bust (Google Oneida Murder for story). We have had Bad Rap out to do evaluataions and associates of Aimee Sandler to help us with the Pitties in playgroups. Some are very adoptable but we prefer sending to Pitbull rescues. We have a couple rescues that want the dogs but we need to schedule transport. A few locations (almost 100% a go) are to Albuquerque New Mexico and Northeast Kansas. I am not sure where I should start on the rescue needed post?

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:43 pm

This section should answer many, if not all of your questions: http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/faq.php?mode=rescue

The process (in a nutshell) is as follows:

On the Board Index Page, where you found this forum, you will also see a forum titled:
Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport.
1. Click on that forum and open it.
2. On upper left of page you will see NEW TOPIC, click on that because your request is new.
3. Have sending and receiving zip codes on hand along with all the pertinent information about the animals and contacts
4. Fill in the subject line, zip codes, answer ALL the pre-launched questions in the form
5. Scroll down and click on Submit, your request is now posted.

You can log in and check your request every day on the board buy clicking on and opening your post and looking for any replies from pilots. You can aso receive an automated email if anyone at all replies to any of your posts. You can read that email and follow the instructions their, clicking on the link they provide for you to take you directly to the message. To sign up for automated notification, mark the "notify me when a reply is posted" in the blue option box below before submitting your request.
Hope this helps you get started. Good luck!

Joanne

HeartsofGold Rescue

Post by HeartsofGold Rescue » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

I am working with Pilots N Paws for the first time and am in need of help to get more interest generated in getting our little rescue to NM. I have posted the following:

Toy Chihuahua needs ride to forever home
From MANITOWOC, WI(54220) To SANTA FE, NM(87507)

I have only received one response to this request and it is from a pilot offering to take the dog from Green Bay, WI to Des Moines this week. I am concerned as time is running out and we have not received any more offers to get the little Chihuahua past Des Moines. I tried to go into 'map the trip' but it would not come up on my computer . . . . please help and/or advise as we need to get this little girl to her forever home in NM as soon as possible!!!

Thanks so much

MaryEllen Carr
Hearts of Gold Rescue of NM

suzy
Zip Code: 29860

Post by suzy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:42 pm

MaryEllen,
There seems to be something wrong with the mapping options because I can't access them either. I've emailed one of the admin folks.
Suzy

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 pm

suzy wrote:MaryEllen,
There seems to be something wrong with the mapping options because I can't access them either. I've emailed one of the admin folks.
Suzy
There is a note about this just posted today. http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22832 It gives you a way to find the pilots to contact with a little more work, but worth the effort.

lexibel1

Post by lexibel1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 am

This is my first time posting for a transport. Someone replied to my post and said they can do one leg at the end of the trip. Do I need to post another new topic now asking for the part of the trip that is not covered?

Thank you!

Kelli