Corporate flight departments - do they help PNP?

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
OAS

Corporate flight departments - do they help PNP?

Post by OAS » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi there-
I'm a volunteer with Oakland Animal Services in Oakland, California. We have a rescue in Alexandria, VA that will "take as many small dogs as we can get to them". I wanted to check here first to see if you know of any corporate flight departments/private jet owners that have ever offered their assistance when flying cross continent? That would obviously be ideal to keep the amount of stress on our little ones to a minimum. If not, will you please share with me how you've seen successful cross continent transports work? Thank you so much for the feedback and also for having such a wonderful organization!!

rcpmueller
Zip Code: 33624
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KTPF

Re: Corporate flight departments - do they help PNP?

Post by rcpmueller » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Hello,
I'm a Delta retiree....and I wanted to respond to your question with some information.
If you are a Facebook person, there is a group Carry-On Rescue Transport that has several airline employees on it..we help transport small pets that will fit under the seat on a space available basis.
I would suggest posting both in Pilots n Paws and this Facebook page. I and other airline employees read both and will try to assist when we can. Our travel privileges though are space available so this does require flexibility on everyone's part. I also notice more nonstops (obviously the desired way) out of San Francisco than Oakland, so wonder if you would be able to get the pets to San Francisco.
Hope this information helps, feel free to contact me if I can assist. (unfortunately I'm in Tampa, Florida though..)
Corinne