1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shepherd

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Zapped15

1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shepherd

Post by Zapped15 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 am

Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: German shepherd, 44 pounds, 2 years old
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Up-to-date
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Spayed
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Lewis-Upsher County Control Facility
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Approved Adopter, Lisa Hall
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Lisa Hall, 256-479-9980, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation: Misty was in a high-kill shelter, with her status listed as Urgent when I saw her photo posted on Facebook. I knew immediately that I wanted to adopt her! I have completed the adoption process and arranged for her spaying and vetting in Buckhannon, WV, where she remains in the shelter awaiting transport. I live in Huntsville, AL, so the total flight mileage will be just over 400 miles and will require two pilots. I have found a PNP pilot to fly the first leg from the Kingsport/Knoxville/Blountville, TN area to Huntsville, AL. I'm looking for a pilot to fly Misty from Buckhannon, WV to Kingsport, TN area. Thank you for any help you can provide!
Last edited by Zapped15 on Tue May 21, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WVAviator

Re: 1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shephe

Post by WVAviator » Sat May 18, 2013 7:17 pm

For the record:

I will be flying the first leg of this trip from W22 - KLOZ. I will be accompanied by my friend Thomas Brown who will be flying with me and helping to care for Misty during the flight. I will leave my home base airport KCKB around 8:30am, arriving at W22 at about 8:45am - 9:00am. Once we get Misty loaded into the aircraft we will depart for KLOZ around 9:15am-9:30am, most likely filing IFR regardless of weather. Not considering the winds, we should be arriving around 11:00am eastern time. Todd, the pilot for the next leg, will be picking up Misty around noon eastern time.

My phone number is 304-521-7496 if anyone needs to get in touch with me. I will contact all parties involved the night before if weather appears to be an issue (excessive thunderstorms, etc.). Otherwise, I will contact everyone before departing my home base at 8:30am.

Let me know if I need to provide any more specifics for the flight.

Zapped15

Re: 1st Leg-Air or Ground Transport Needed for German Shephe

Post by Zapped15 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks so much! It looks like all systems are go! If you need to contact me, my cell phone # is 256-479-9980.

Many thanks,
Lisa Hall