Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Great Dane, 115 lbs, 3 years old; Treeing Walker Coonhound, 50 lbs, 1 year old
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: GD - low positive; TWC - negative
Health Certificate: Will have
Spay/Neutered: GD - no; TWC - yes
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Sabine Humane Society, Many, LA
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: San Antonio SPCA
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Jerry Dunham, email@example.com
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Olive Oyl (Great Dane) just came in to the shelter. Abigail (TWC) has been there a bit longer. Olive Oyl has had adoption interest, but people have wanted her just as a guard dog, living on a chain in the yard. Abigail has had no adoption interest. It's time to get these two to where they can find good homes.
This can be done in one leg, but it would be a long one. More likely, we'll do it like we did the last pull from this shelter: Many to Conroe/Houston, then Conroe/Houston to Boerne, near San Antonio. If you can do either leg, let me know when is best for you and we'll work on filling the other leg.
Yes, this is a large load. J3s need not apply. I can make sure the shelter has the two of them together some to see how they get along, or we can crate the smaller one, Abigail. Both are a bit on the small side for their breeds.
From where I sit (Austin) the weather in Many looks like it will go bad about Thursday and stay that way through the following Monday. Either we move them quickly, or we're likely into next week. If the shelter knows for sure that we have a plan and are waiting on the weather, they'll hold for us. This is a 50% kill shelter, but they try hard to work with rescue.
Thank you for all you do for the animals.