WE DID IT Transport needed Green Bay, WI to Santa Fe, NM

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
HeartsofGold Rescue
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

WE DID IT Transport needed Green Bay, WI to Santa Fe, NM

Post by HeartsofGold Rescue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Number of animals being transported:1 (one)
Breeds, weight, age: Toy Chihuahua, 3 lbs, 18 months old
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: up-to-date
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: yes, spayed
Special needs:
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Hearts of Gold Rescue Foster
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Hearts of Gold Rescue of NM, Inc.
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: in final approval status with IRS
Additional Info/situation: The transport date is flexible; will work with pilots schedules; however we are starting this transport on June 27, 2013. This little girl (Bella Mia) was pulled from a kill shelter so is safe. She is currently in a foster home in WI, but needs to get to her forever home in Santa Fe, NM as soon as we can arrange it. She is being transported from Green Bay, WI to Santa Fe, NM. We already have the legs from Green Bay, WI to Des Moines, IA (thanks Dave!), Des Moines, IA to Kansas City(thanks Steve!), Kansas City to Wichita, KS (thanks Greg!), Wichita, KS to Amarillo, TX (thanks Eric!) covered so we now need a volunteer to help to get our little girl from Amarillo, TX to Santa Fe, NM. Perhaps a leg from Amarillo, TX to Tucumcari, NM? And a leg from Tucumcari, NM to Santa Fe, NM. She travels well and is a happy-go-lucky little girl!

Hearts of Gold Rescue of NM, Inc is a small rescue, based solely on volunteers, in New Mexico and at this time does not have a completed website. While our website is being created we courtesy list our dogs on the New Mexico Animal Friends website (NMAF.ORG). Please view our listings there and you will see a picture of sweet Bella (Jingle Bells "Bella"). We are a legitimate rescue and are so anxious to get Bella to her forever home in New Mexico.

To think this cute little girl was found as a skin and bones stray - to be gobbled up as a snack by the local coyote pack, never claimed by her owner and had we not pulled her could have met a much worse fate as there was no room for her in the shelter and she was on THE LIST . . . .

This system is awesome and I thank all of you that have so graciously volunteered your services. We appreciate your efforts and time!

Thanks so much

MaryEllen
Hearts of Gold Rescue of NM, Inc
Last edited by HeartsofGold Rescue on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 37 times in total.

falconclaw
Zip Code: 53562
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: Kmsn
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Toy Chihuahua needs ride to forever home

Post by falconclaw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:10 pm

I can get the pup from Green Bay KGRB (better facility than Manitowoc) to Des Moines KDSM.

I'm available from Jun 11th - 14th within your date range.

I can also be contacted direct on [email protected]

Dave Tan
Dave Tan
SIAI-Marchetti SF.260C
N25ME IFR

HeartsofGold Rescue

Post by HeartsofGold Rescue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Awesome! Thank you Dave!

HeartsofGold Rescue

Post by HeartsofGold Rescue » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Still trying to figure this system out; I'm new to posting here! Thanks for your patience. I tried to map the request but can't pull up any information. We need to get this little girl to NM - either Santa Fe or Albuquerque. Her family is so anxious to get her home! She won't take up much room . . . .just a shirt pocket!! LOL!! Dave has offered to take her from Green Bay, WI to Des Moines so we need to find some more connections on the legs from Des Moines to Albuquerque, NM (easier to get to than Santa Fe, NM). We're looking at timeframes this week and upcoming weekend (June 11 through 16th), although we're flexible and can extend the timeframe to the following week. I'm open to any suggestions as to what I can do to get this info out there! I'll keep working on it!

MaryEllen
Hearts of Gold Rescue of NM
[email protected]

falconclaw

Re: Rescued Toy Chihuahua needs ride to forever home

Post by falconclaw » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

MaryEllen,

We simply need more volunteers to step up to fly westward from Des Moines. It is just as simple to fly to Santa Fe as it is to Alburquerque.

Dave
Dave Tan
SIAI-Marchetti SF.260C
N25ME IFR

falconclaw

Post by falconclaw » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

MaryEllen,

Try putting in another request from Des Moines to Santa Fe and see if we get more volunteers. I already have Green Bay to Des Moines covered and I can be flexible on dates.

Dave
Dave Tan
SIAI-Marchetti SF.260C
N25ME IFR

HeartsofGold Rescue

Post by HeartsofGold Rescue » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Dave, thanks!! That's a great idea! I will see what we can come up with from Des Moines to Santa Fe.

MaryEllen
Hearts of Gold Rescue