2 Mama Cats and 7 Kittens to Houston

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

2 Mama Cats and 7 Kittens to Houston

Post by carolynharris » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:16 am

Number of animals being transported: 9 (2 adults; 7 kittens)
Breeds, weight, age: All DSH; adults, 1-3 yrs, 9# each; kittens, 10-12 weeks, 1-1/2 to 2# each
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: N/A
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate:
Spay/Neutered: To be done by receiving rescues
Special needs: N/A
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Heartstrings, Broussard, LA
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Dori's Darlings and Keli Viereck, Houston, TX
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Carolyn Harris, #337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving
Additional Info/situation:

One set mama and kittens saved from high-kill shelter in Thibodaux, LA, and have been in foster care for about a month. Other set was owner-surrender from Golden Meadow, LA, and have also been in foster care. All in good health, just have been waiting for kittens to reach spay/neuter size (2#) so rescues can adopt them out quickly.

Pilot will need medium crates (2) so each family unit can ride separately from the other. One set is only mama and 2 kittens; the other 5 kittens belong to the other mother, so this crate will need to be a little larger to accommodate so many kittens.

Receiving rescues will be ready for both sets any time AFTER July 1. All cats/kittens need to fly into either Pearland (LVJ) for transport across the city to NW Houston or directly into one of the NW Houston airports, i.e., Hooks (DWH) at Tomball

Weather kept interfering with both a PnP flight and also the ground transport. Julian Sanchez was relentless and managed to get these felines to their new foster home on Sunday. Now they can be spayed and neutered and ready for adoption within the next 2 weeks. Thanks, Julian!
Last edited by carolynharris on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 Mama Cats and 7 Kittens to Houston

Post by CleoBen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi Carolyn,

I'm bringing a dog from St Tammany Parish to Houston on Saturday, and I can easily stop in New Iberia on the way to pick up these cat families.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Oops, just saw that they won't be ready to travel until Monday.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

Sidegrip
Zip Code: 70529
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KIYA

Post by Sidegrip » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi Carolyn & CB

Have Ya"ll worked out the move yet? 8-)

Leonard
N8279Y Based Abbeville LA Near Lafayette 70501 Mostly weekends VFR Prefered

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:45 pm

This is still open, but asked Leonard to take a trip to Gulfport, MS, for a female Min Pin rather than this one. One of the cat rescuers was out of town for weekend, so couldn't get anyone to overnight her "crew" had we gone today (Sat, 07/13).

Julian Sanchez of Houston might take this trip next Saturday, provided weather is not a factor. Otherwise, we will send them by ground on Sunday, July 21. We have added 2 Catahoula pups needing to get to Brazoria Co. Humane in Manvel, TX, to this trip if space allows. They can ride in one medium-large crate or 2 medium-small. Pups weigh about 10# each and are now 9 weeks old.

spaniard74
Zip Code: 77077
Airport identifier: KTME

Post by spaniard74 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Weather permitting I could make this flight on Saturday afternoon. Earliest I can take off is around 3:30pm though. Will that be too late?

Julian
Julian Sanchez
Houston Executive Airport (KTME)
1999 Cessna 182S N713PM -- Air Furs One
IFR Pilot

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 pm

That sounds good, Julian. Put you in N.I. for 5 ish and back to Hooks for 7-7:30??
Will find out from cat rescuer if this is something that would work for her.

Thanks, C