Mississippi Animal Rescue League

A place for rescues to chat about rescue work, animals, transports etc.
bearsandharleys84

Mississippi Animal Rescue League

Post by bearsandharleys84 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:13 am

:?: Has anyone ever delt with MARL? Are they a no-kill place? Also, anyone in the Jackson area be willing to pull from them and possibly hold a small, female miniature pinscher, while I see if I can find her a ride from there to MD? I volunteer with a local rescue here but, we do not have any out of state contacts so I have to do this rescue and adoption on my own. :?:

dennismckim
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Mississippi Animal Rescue League

Post by dennismckim » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 pm

bearsandharleys84 wrote:Has anyone ever delt with MARL? Are they a no-kill place?
http://www.msarl.org/?page_id=134
MARL is NOT a No Kill Shelter. We are absolutely working towards and support a “no-kill community” where every animal has a loving home. Animal overpopulation requires a total community effort to reduce and control unwanted and abandoned dogs, cats and horses and provide homes by adopting shelter animals.

MARL has been and continues to be the leader in shelter adoptions in Central Mississippi. Until the communities in central Mississippi come together to decrease the overpopulation of animals, primarily through strong spay/neuter programs, animals will be put down, because there are no homes available.