Dalhart (KDHT) to Denver (KBJC) Save Herding Dogs and Pups

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ColoradoAussieRescue

Dalhart (KDHT) to Denver (KBJC) Save Herding Dogs and Pups

Post by ColoradoAussieRescue » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Number of animals being transported:Any where from 3 to 10+
Breeds, weight, age:All dogs are under 5 and puppies can be from 2 weeks old and up. Adults are aroung 40 #'s and puppies from 2-10 #'s each, most all are herding dog mixesand are in dire straights in rural areas.
Health Condition:Good
Heart worm Status:Negative
Vaccinations:Up to Date
Health Certificate:Yes
Spay/Neutered:Adults Only
Special needs:Some Moms with Nursing Pups
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties DAWGSNTEXAS
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Colorado Aussie Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):To set up any of these transports please contact Transport atten Susan at [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: We are scheduling several flights for herding dogs from Texas, Arizona abd New Mexico to Come to Colorado, With you help we can rescue from High Kill areas. Most of the flights are urgent and will need to be done ASAP, some flights are for dogs who have had surgery and will then go to rescue. Please help us. There are four to five flights already in need.
Last edited by ColoradoAussieRescue on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulqualls

Re: Dalhart (KDHT) to Denver (KBJC) Save Herding Dogs and P

Post by paulqualls » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Would a load from KDHT to KCOS (Colorado Springs) work this weekend?

Paul

ColoradoAussieRescue

Post by ColoradoAussieRescue » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 pm

How Many in the Load?

paulqualls

Post by paulqualls » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm

I have a large crate that can go in the back of my 4 seater.. 3 maybe?? You guys are the experts.

Paul

ColoradoAussieRescue

Post by ColoradoAussieRescue » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Is there any possible way we can do it next weekend or is this the only weekend available. I would have to get the three or so that would fit vetted by When?

ebonychanel
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by ebonychanel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I have a pup desperately needing to get from Denver to Dallas, I saw this post and was thinking since you are traveling to Denver from Dallas already then maybe you could take her to back to Dallas on your return trip.

here is a link to my forum. Please read and let me know and if there is anything I can do to help

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23517

Thanks!

paulqualls

Post by paulqualls » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Well, this thread was to Dalhart, TX. If you were thinking Dallas and Dalhart are close, not so much... Dallas is 300+ miles further from Dalhart.. It is actually closer from Denver to Dalhart than it is from Dalhart to Denver. I'm thinking you'll get better responses by posing a new thread with the actual trip description.

You might also want to break that up into 2 legs and coordinate that way.. Dallas -> Dumas is a good exchange point, and the aviation fuel there is quite a bit cheaper than other airports in the area. Then have the next leg be Dumas -> Denver.

Good luck,

Paul Q

ColoradoAussieRescue

Post by ColoradoAussieRescue » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:19 pm

This flight is ongoing and will be re posted every month until I have completed the task. I have several herding dogs to pick up and about every two weeks I will be doing a pick up if you would like to help please contact Susan Walker [[email protected]]