Need transport from Easton MD to Pompano Beach Fl

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
stquest96

Need transport from Easton MD to Pompano Beach Fl

Post by stquest96 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 pm

I have a very usual request, I am trying to get my mothers dog (Trevor) relocated back to Florida with me in the next week or so. A few weeks ago my mother passed away unexpectedly at age 58 from heart disease. My father passed in 2005 from a very long and painful battle of pancreatic cancer. After my father pasted away, my mother did not want to live alone so she rescued Trevor from the humane society. The past owner of Trevor repeatedly stabbed and tortured the dog to the point that he now has permanent nerve damage in certain areas of his body. I am looking for some way to get the dog back to his new home with me in Florida. I know this is a long trip that may not be able to be covered by one person. I am hoping that we can coordinate between pilots. The dog weights about 55lbs and has recently been seen by a vet to get him up-to-date on all shots and has been approved to fly. The Talbot County Humane Society has generously donated a crate for me to assist and transport of Trevor. Currently, Trevor and I are residing at my Mother’s home until I can get her estate paperwork in order. I can be reached at 410-754-6004 at any time for any questions you may have.

Please find it in your hearts to help Trevor and me out. I do not want his fate for him to end up back at the Human Society. He’s been such a wonderful companion to my Mother after the loss of her husband of 34 years.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Kristine Halager

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Need transport from Easton MD to Pompano Beach Fl

Post by skyking » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Ms. Halagar,

If another pilot can get Trevor to at least N. Georgia I can combine a delivery of a Labx puppy from the Florida Keys with the pickup of Trevor. I can be reached at 305-797-6356. I am available anytime so the connection with the other pilot should not be a problem.

Cheers,

Jeff Bennett

nicholas757
Foster?: No

Post by nicholas757 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:13 am

Hi,
I can get Trevor from Easton MD to NC and possibly nothern SC if another pilot can get him to GA. I am pretty flexible time wise but it is weather dependent. Let me know if I can help.
Nick

nicholas757

Post by nicholas757 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Help fellow pilots!!
We have arranged to transport Trevor and his owner from Easton MD to 43A (outside Charlotte NC) this Sunday 11/16. I need help getting him from 43A to Georgia (KDZJ). We should be on the ground at 43A around 1pm. Jeff (Skyking) will meet him at (KDZJ)and take him on the final leg to Pampano Beach.
Contact me directly or post here if you can help.
Nick

nicholas757

Post by nicholas757 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:48 am

Hi all,
We have postponed this trip due to high forecast winds over VA and NC tomorrow. Right now we hope to make the trip Wednesday 11/19. We will pick up Kristine and Trevor in Easton, MD and take them as far as Montgomery County, NC (43A).
Jeff (skyking) is able to take them from the Georgia / Florida border. Is anyone available to take the leg from NC to the Florida border? Please post here or contact me directly.
Thanks,
Nick

stquest96

Post by stquest96 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:05 pm

I would like to say thank you to all the pilots that were trying to get Trevor to his new home in Florida. With support of new friends and family we were able to make our journey home. Special thanks to pilot Nick and Jeff for all their help.

Kristine Halager