Crippled Kitten needs ride Clemson SC to Northern VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dotsplace

Crippled Kitten needs ride Clemson SC to Northern VA

Post by dotsplace » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Domestic Long Haired Tabby Kitten, approx. 10 weeks old
Health Condition: Healthy
Heart worm Status: n/a
Vaccinations: 1st set of Kitten shots
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: No
Special needs: Will provide crate for travel.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Dot's Place Animal Haven, Seneca, SC, Denise Painter
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Commonwealth Humane Society, Chris Haslam
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Denise: 864-906-1443 or [email protected]/ Chris: 703-568-3600 [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjfOL4IdjOQ to see kitten in need of transport.

Am willing to drive to GSP if necessary, am within five miles of KCAO Clemson, SC - (http://www.oconeesc.com/Departments/AJ/Airport.aspx), within 30 minutes of KTOC (Toccoa, GA)& KLQK (Pickens, SC). Chris is close to both Leesburg, VA (KJYO) and Manassas, VA (KMNZ) as well as the bigger DC airports (but according to him unless you're driving a 747 it's going to be a lot easier to land at one of the first two).

If we need to do this in two hops, I have a possible foster in Mebane, NC (4W7) who could receive this baby.

Feel free to email or call me for more info.

Denise
Last edited by dotsplace on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeltaDelta
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Crippled Kitten needs ride Clemson SC to Northern VA

Post by DeltaDelta » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm based in the Northern Virginia area, so I'd be happy to help! What day were you looking at doing this transport? If someone would like to meet halfway such as KGSO or KDAN, that would work great too..
Piper Arrow IV (IFR)
HEF Based

MelEtheridge
Airport identifier: KJYO

Post by MelEtheridge » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm in the same situation as Jonathan - Cessna 150 based in Northern VA (Leesburg). I can't make it all the way to SC, but if you can get her to the Southern VA area (KDAN) I can get her the rest of the way if Jonathan can't make it.

Mel Etheridge
C-150
KJYO
[email protected]
703-628-6363

dotsplace

Post by dotsplace » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Jonathan, Mel, thanks for responding. I'm completely open as to the day to do this, but getting them that far north is the problem. Will continue to post in hopes someone is heading that way from our area or south and can pick them up. Thanks!

Denise

DeltaDelta

Post by DeltaDelta » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:16 am

The weather models are predicting convective and thunderstorm activity this weekend. I'll keep a close eye on the weather, and if I can fly down to SC, I'll let you know. Right now, according to the weather models, Sunday morning would be the ideal time frame.
Piper Arrow IV (IFR)
HEF Based

dotsplace

Post by dotsplace » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm sorry, I'm just having that kind of day - if you read any of my earlier posts just ignore them. Trying to do six things at once.

Ok - would you be ok coming into Clemson or would you need me to meet you at another airport?

And which airport to you fly into in NVA so I can let Chris know?

As far as storms go, yes, please do be careful. They just seem to pop up without a moment's notice here. I have a very flexible schedule so I can just drop things and bring him along if necessary. Thanks again for the offer!

Denise

DeltaDelta

Post by DeltaDelta » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:46 am

Most likely GSP would work best, but I need to take another look at the aeronautical chart and see where the other airports are. I've flown into Anderson before, so that might be possible. Would be landing at KHEF (Manassas).

I took a look at the weather models, and it looks like Monday afternoon/evening might be better.. If anything changes, I'll give you a call and let you know. I'll be monitoring the weather closely.
Piper Arrow IV (IFR)
HEF Based

dotsplace

Post by dotsplace » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:12 am

KCAO (Clemson) is the closest to me, I posted a link in the original post about them, Anderson is fine, GSP is fine too, I don't have a problem driving to Greenville if that is what it takes to get this baby up to VA. Feel free to text or call me at 864-906-1443 with more info as time comes closer. It has rained almost constantly here the entire summer, I'm so sick of rain it's not even funny!

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

Denise

Ed and Edward

Post by Ed and Edward » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:01 am

I can get the kitten from charleston to northern Virginia on Sunday. Is it possible for somebody to get the kitten from Clemson to charleston today or tomorrow?

Thank You!

DeltaDelta

Post by DeltaDelta » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:33 pm

If you could do GSP, that would bring the flight time down to 10 hours. I'm going to try tomorrow (Sunday), unless the weather has plans of its own. It'll take me about 4.5 hours to get down to GSP, so let's try 11AM? That would get me into HEF (Manassas) around 3PM. I have your number, so if any last minute changes occur, I will notify you.
Piper Arrow IV (IFR)
HEF Based