Two Sm. dogs need a ride from NE Kan. to Minneapolis

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Phyllis Shaefer

Two Sm. dogs need a ride from NE Kan. to Minneapolis

Post by Phyllis Shaefer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Number of animals being transported:2
Breeds, weight, age:Rat Terrier, 12 lb, 1 yr., long-haired Chihuahua, 3 yr. 8 lb
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: HW negative
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: Yes
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Brown County Humane Society
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Second Hand Hounds
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 785-742-2475
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: We are a small Humane Society with no shelter. Dogs are boarded at our local vet clinic. We now have too many dogs and with the labor Day Holiday the clinic will take in private pay boarders and the shelter dogs are in danger of being PTS.
Last edited by Phyllis Shaefer on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ljh1958
Zip Code: 55375
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFCM
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Two Sm. dogs need a ride from NE Kan. to Minneapolis

Post by ljh1958 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:17 am

Where in KS are you located? I could possibly go Thursday if the temps drop down. It is in the 90s here, and that is too hot for the dogs because I don't have air conditioning in my plane.

Laura
Laura Herrmann
[email protected]
952-210-8600
KFCM, Minneapolis, MN area
Cessna 182
N425KA
VFR/IFR

My range is MN, IA, WI, eastern ND and SD, northern IL

xcflyr
Zip Code: 55345
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFCM
Distance willing to fly one way: 400

Post by xcflyr » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 am

I may be able to help since a pick-up is planned for for this Saturday in northern missouri. I could swing over to the airport in Falls City and pick the dogs up since I am going back to Mpls. The organizer of the first trip hasn't heard from the first leg pilot though so I won't have anymore information until tonight.

xcflyr

Phyllis Shaefer

Post by Phyllis Shaefer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:35 am

xcflyr wrote:I may be able to help since a pick-up is planned for for this Saturday in northern missouri. I could swing over to the airport in Falls City and pick the dogs up since I am going back to Mpls. The organizer of the first trip hasn't heard from the first leg pilot though so I won't have anymore information until tonight.

xcflyr
Falls City would be great. I would have to verify with the rescue in Minneapolis that someone can meet you on that end - if the trip arrangements can be worked out. Thanks

Phyllis Shaefer

Post by Phyllis Shaefer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 am

ljh1958 wrote:Where in KS are you located? I could possibly go Thursday if the temps drop down. It is in the 90s here, and that is too hot for the dogs because I don't have air conditioning in my plane.

Laura
We are located in Hiawatha, Ks. It is in the very NE corner of the state. St. Joe, Mo, Topeka, Ks, Atchison, Ks. or even KC, MO airports are doable for me. There is a small airport in Hiawatha & Falls City, NE. . . . .

schmb02

Post by schmb02 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 pm

I will be transporting a dog from Texas to Des Moines on Wednesday the 28th. I can pick up two dogs in ne and take to Minneapolis, my home base. Waiting on final details for weather and winds but long term forecasts look favorable. Would likely depart Texas around 11am cst and could pick up dogs around 2-3pm. I have one small kennel, but would need another unless the two dogs can be together. Call me on cell to discuss 612-991-8950 if you would like to talk.