Emaciated poodle, rescue only (KRMN) to (BTV)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
tag1213
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Emaciated poodle, rescue only (KRMN) to (BTV)

Post by tag1213 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 am

Monty1.jpg
Monty1.jpg (56.1 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Std. poodle, 28lbs, age 1
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: neg
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: not yet, working on it, may wait until he gains more weight
Special needs: no
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Stafford County Animal Control, Stafford, VA
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Poodle Rescue of Vermont, Terri Gerard, President, 802 497 4144
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): http://www.poodlerescuevt.org and on Facebook Poodle Rescue of Vermont
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: This pup was found as a stray, starved, encased in mats. He is friendly, sweet and already has an adoptive home waiting after his medical care. Our poodle supporters have named him Monty (for Vermont) and he will be ready to go 9/5/13 which is next Thursday. Please help Monty get a whole new start.

Poodle Rescue of Vermont is a registered 501c. All applicants for foster and adoption must provide Veterinary, grooming, 3 personal references and have a home visit by a PRVT volunteer. Poodle Rescue of Vermont signs on or the life of every dog in our rescue and we accept our poodles back for any reason. All our poodles are adopted completely vetted which includes spay/neuter, fecal exam and de-worming if needed, dental cleaning if needed, vaccinations, microchip, 4DX (heartworm/lyme etc) professional grooming. All our poodles microchips are registered to PRVT for the rest of their life and their new family is listed secondary. Poodle Rescue of Vermont adopts within driving distance of our volunteers. We have adopted poodles to the following states: VT, NH, ME, MA, NY, CT, NJ, VA. Poodle Rescue of Vermont will rescue a poodle from any shelter that calls provided we can find transportation. To date, PRVT has rescued poodles from VT, NH, ME, MA, CT, MD, RI, NY, PA, KY, TN, VA, NC, SC, DE, WVA, MS and Canada.
Attachments
monty2.jpg
monty2.jpg (11.72 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Last edited by tag1213 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Miranda Allen
Transport Coordinator
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
678-205-9965 (cell)
www.poodlerescuevt.org

Jeff501

Re: Emaciated poodle, rescue only (KRMN) to (BTV)

Post by Jeff501 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Sorry Terri,

As your already aware, I will no longer fly for your rescue.

Jeff Luizza
http://www.meetup.com/aviation-95/members/9948249/

mmattie

Post by mmattie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Hello All,
Can fly either KLNS to KOXC OR KOXC to 6B0 (KBTV out of range - 6B0 is about my max endurance these days :( )
Available: Next Friday late evening (after 7PM), Sat, Sun. Don't yet know about Thursday.

Mark
Based KOXC
203-804-1827

Chip S.

Post by Chip S. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:33 pm

I could do RMN to LNS. Date is flexible.

Chip
DMW
PA-24 250

scote1992

Post by scote1992 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:51 pm

I could possibly do a KRUT/KGFL/6B0 to KBTV. Thursday/Friday would work best for me.

mmattie

Post by mmattie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:01 am

Hello Pilots,

Looks like we need one of the following legs filled :

KOXC to KGFL
OR
KLNS to KOXC

I can take what is leftover. Scote1992 - Any chance for Sat or Sun? Thursday would be difficult for me. I can only manage Friday as a late afternoon/ evening flight.

Mark
203-804-1827

scote1992

Post by scote1992 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

I can't do Sunday. Saturday morning would work. I would have to be done by noon though.

Chip S.

Post by Chip S. » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Sat is actually turning out to be a better day for me as well. I was just informed by the better half I have a previous day-long engagement at ABE on thursday. Friday's also still a possibility. What time would Monty have to be at LNS for his to work for everyone on Saturday? Also, this plane is new to me, so I'm limiting myself to VFR for a while.

mmattie

Post by mmattie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Based on the way things usually go, to drop of the dog to his final destination by noon Sat, I would need to meet Chip at KLNS by 7am. Don't have enough info. Earliest wheels up on Friday for me would be 6pm - that's when I could leave my base airport koxc.

Mark

tag1213
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by tag1213 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi Pilots,

Thank you Mark for calling me. I did not receive a single email notification. I am flexible all next week. We can shoot for Springfield, VT as well. Whatever is easier for you guys.

Monty has gained a few lbs, We have switched him to Wellness dry and canned. He is very anemic due to intestinal parasites which he is receiving treatment for. The Vet recommends we hold off neutering until he has gained at least 10lbs.

Not sure what is up with the email. Please call me if you have any questions or need to touch base.

Terri
802 497 4144
Miranda Allen
Transport Coordinator
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
678-205-9965 (cell)
www.poodlerescuevt.org