18 mo GWP Birmingham, AL -Charlotte, NC -DONE!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
WirehairRescue

18 mo GWP Birmingham, AL -Charlotte, NC -DONE!

Post by WirehairRescue » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am

Birmingham, ALKBHM-KPDK Atlanta or -N52- Outside of Charlotte, NC UPDATED

18 Month old Male German Wirehaired Pointer, neutered, Up to date on all his shots we are looking to move to his foster home in North Carolina. We have temporary foster in both birmingham AL and Atlanta GA so if we can get the pup any of those places as well, that would be wonderful!!!!!! He is currently at the Mississippi Animal Rescue League in Jackson MS and we need to move him ASAP. Any help would be awesome!!!!!

thanks!!

http://www.eastcoastgwprescue.com
Last edited by WirehairRescue on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WirehairRescue

Re: 18 mo GWP Birmingham, AL -Atlanta, Ga or Charlotte, NC

Post by WirehairRescue » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 pm

UPDATE******Jackson has a ride to Birmingham - If anyone is flying to Atlanta or N52- PLEASE!!!!!!

Amelia
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 18 mo GWP Birmingham, AL -Charlotte, NC

Post by Amelia » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:57 am

If your dog still needs a ride, I'm in Pensacola, headed for eastern NC on Saturday afternoon. Stops in Birmingham and Charlotte area would be possible. I have the back seat of a Mooney (very little airplane) available, but have no crate, and it's almost impossible to get a full-sized crate in at all through its little door. (Not only that, I admit to some concern about fleas, possibly unruly or panicked dog, or airsickness in uncrated dog. Want to allay my concerns?) Not sure how best to give my contact information, but I have a cell phone with me. Its a.c. is 252, and the rest of the number is 339, followed by 0287. Feel free to give me a call if you haven't already found a ride.

Amelia

Amelia
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Amelia » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:44 pm

"Jackson" was a perfect passenger. After shoving a somewhat reluctant pooch up the wing and into a very small airplane, we fastened his harness to a seatbelt in the back seat, and he settled down comfortably, and spent most of the flight at 11,000 feet either snoozing or gazing around with calm and quiet interest at his odd situation. As we landed, he gave the front-seat passenger an appreciative slurp on the back of his neck (in lieu of applause for a smooth landing, of course.) I'm sure whoever gives him his permanent home will be well pleased with this charming dog. I'd put "Dog on board" in the remarks section, because I wasn't sure we should count him among the "souls on board" required information, and was surprised to find several controllers asking "What kind of dog you got?", then responding "Cool!"

greytexplorer

Post by greytexplorer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:16 pm

I would like to add that in addition to harnessing the dog, it's a good idea to send an old comforter along with. Cover the seat, seatback for dog to lie on while inflight.
Also, an old towel on the floor is a good way to absorb any vomit, should that occur. Just throw away the towel!
I make a habit of purchasing comforters and towels at thrift stores and garage sales.