DONE!! Southern WY/Denver CO - 2 pilots needed for 2 Bassets

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
pupsavr4life
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

DONE!! Southern WY/Denver CO - 2 pilots needed for 2 Bassets

Post by pupsavr4life » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Hello all you wonderful Winged Warriors!

Oden and Daisy, 2 super sweet Bassets, are in Salt Lake City, UT, awaiting transport to their family in Metairie, LA. Their owner is active military and was transferred to Louisiana, but discovered the hotel where they would be temporarily staying didn't allow pets. The rescue where they adopted the dogs from, volunteered to keep the dogs while their family searched for a place to live. They've now found a home and are very anxious to reunite with their dogs! Volunteer ground transport can be arranged from Denver, CO, but getting them to Denver (or close to) via standard volunteer ground transport will be almost impossible.

I'm seeking 2 pilots, one in the southern WY area willing to fly part of most of the way across WY to Cheyenne, and one in the Denver area willing to fly north to Cheyenne or south from Cheyenne to Denver, if based out of Cheyenne. We're hoping to move them this weekend if at all possible. Please contact me directly at [email protected], and let me know if you're available to help. I'll also need to know the distance you're able/willing to fly.

Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated!! Thanks!

Tanya Kittrell
NE Oklahoma
Rescued Dog Transport Coordinator/Driver
Independent Volunteer
Foster Home, Heartland Great Dane Rescue
Owner, TulsaPetRescue
Co-Owner/Moderator, PTC-Pet_Transport_Connections
Moderator, OklahomaDNA
Moderator, PGR_OK_NEWS

"Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." ~~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
Last edited by pupsavr4life on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanya Kittrell
Canine Crossing Rescue Transport
https://www.facebook.com/CanineCrossingRescueTransport/
Making a difference in the lives of dogs in need...one “leg” at a time!

mboyd

Re: Southern WY & Denver CO - 2 pilots needed for 2 Bassets

Post by mboyd » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 pm

I should be able to take a leg from Rawlins, WY or nearby to the Denver area this upcoming Sunday 8/16. I've already contacted you via e-mail, posting here so other pilots know. Should be able to back up the flight with a ground transport from Rawlins to Denver in case of bad weather on Sunday. If weather is good, may be able to extend the flight leg farther west.

Pilots: The two passengers are 60.4# and 50.2# and each come with their own 36"L x 24"W x 27"H collapsible crates. The trip originates out of Salt Lake if there is anyone that would like to take a leg somewhere between Salt Lake and Wyoming and cut down on some drive time.

Cheers,
-Mike

mboyd

Post by mboyd » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Oden and Daisy have made it to Denver, they were great airplane passengers.

pupsavr4life
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by pupsavr4life » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Thank you so much, Mike!! You were a God send for these 2 Bassets!

Tanya Kittrell
NE Oklahoma
Rescued Dog Transport Coordinator/Driver
Independent Volunteer
Foster Home, Heartland Great Dane Rescue
Owner, TulsaPetRescue
Co-Owner/Moderator, PTC-Pet_Transport_Connections
Moderator, OklahomaDNA
Moderator, PGR_OK_NEWS

"Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." ~~ Martin Luther King, Jr.