Greenville, SC to Beacon, NY or nearby MOM and 4 pups!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ria221
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Greenville, SC to Beacon, NY or nearby MOM and 4 pups!

Post by ria221 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:57 pm

I'm new to this and may make mistakes. I apologize in advance. I am trying to get a mama and her 4 (one week old) babies from Greenville, SC to Beacon, NY as soon as possible. She is fully sponsored. I belong to Animal Rescue Foundation in Beacon, NY. There are several airports within an hour of Beacon: Stewart Airport (SWF), Westchester County Airport (HPN), Dutchess County Airport, Poughkeepsie, NY and Orange County airport. We have been rescuing dogs for several years from high-kill shelters in the south. My usual transport coordinator is away until August 29th weekend. It's a 2-day drive by car and very risky for the newborns. I've tried all angles to get these dogs. They are currenty being fostered in the Greenville, SC area. Can someone help me? You can check out our website: http://www.arfbeacon.org. We are 100% volunteer and non-profit also. It is almost 800 miles by ground transportation. I don't know if it's the same airwise but I'd be willing to break it up into sections if need be. The only thing is that I don't know contacts/fosters available.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes

Re: Greenville, SC to Beacon, NY or nearby

Post by admin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 am

Hi Ria,

These puppies are likely still to young for air transport. I know others here have stated that flying puppies under age 3 weeks has turned out alright. Please check with your veterinarian for input on the air transport in a non-pressurized cabin for animals this young. It may be that you need to wait until they are a month old before following through with your request.

Also, since you are new to the board, there is a feature you can utilize to contact pilots directly through their email. In red above your post in red is "Map this Request". It will take you to a listing for all the pilots and fosters along this route and by clicking on their usernames, you will go to their profile page and their email contact is there.

I also am aware that there will be several pilots headed north for the Pilots N Paws 5000 event. Perhaps one of them has room for this mama and her pups if you can encourage the temp foster to just keep the a little longer?

Thanks.
Debi

FOURPAWS

Re: Greenville, SC to Beacon, NY or nearby

Post by FOURPAWS » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 am

Ria, that is the map i mentioned on petfinders. Map is a really good source. Also, maybe alter your title saying mom/pups Greenville Sc to Beacon Ny. I have been told by someone that moves alot of dogs pilots like to have more than one dog to move so a mom/pups might get you more attention. Also, sine you need them moved by august 29 highlight that. Click on that map and contact pilots in a flight path that would bring the pups to you and see what kind of response you get.

ria221

Re: Greenville, SC to Beacon, NY or nearby MOM and 4 pups!

Post by ria221 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks for any help. I have no idea what I'm doing. I just want to get them here safely, if at all possible.

Mike Rigg, I PM'd you back. Please let me know your response.

Thanks,

Ann Jordan

FOURPAWS

Post by FOURPAWS » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 pm

you mentioned on Pf you might have found a pilot. If so are they going to fly the whole way? If not, you could contact pilots in the area the first pilot is willing to land at to switch the family off to see if they could fly the rest of the way. You really only need the ground volunteers in event of technical or weather problems. I wouldn't sweat over that yet get the flight hammered out, I did email you so will help with whatever you need in get these pups/mom safely to you.

ria221

Post by ria221 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:18 am

I have a pilot to do the whole flight. I'm lucky!! Thanks for all the responses, everyone.